Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

Von Miller pretty much guaranteeing OBJ is signing with the Bills now...

He and OBJ are extremely close and even his family and other friends when asked what OBJ is thinking going back years now basically all say "we don't know...ask Von"

While talking about his recent visit to the New York Giants’ facilities, Sherman discussed how cool it would be to have OBJ return to New York.

That’s where Miller interjected.

“But let’s be real,” Miller said. “He’s coming to the Bills. He’s coming to the Bills. It’s already said and done. He’s coming the Bills. We’re down a couple of receivers, man.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/10/von-miller-guarantees-obj-to-buffalo-hes-coming-to-the-bills.html

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Von Miller pretty much guaranteeing OBJ is signing with the Bills now...

He and OBJ are extremely close and even his family and other friends when asked what OBJ is thinking going back years now basically all say "we don't know...ask Von"

While talking about his recent visit to the New York Giants’ facilities, Sherman discussed how cool it would be to have OBJ return to New York.

That’s where Miller interjected.

“But let’s be real,” Miller said. “He’s coming to the Bills. He’s coming to the Bills. It’s already said and done. He’s coming the Bills. We’re down a couple of receivers, man.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/10/von-miller-guarantees-obj-to-buffalo-hes-coming-to-the-bills.html

I mean he was joking when he said that part, when he was being serious he basically said OBJ was looking at his options and would likely make a decision in November or December and maybe play the last game or two of the regular season.

When the OBJ rumors started coming out before the season, I thought it would be a great move. Bring in a proven vet and difference maker coming off an injury for cheap to play the last few weeks and help in a real shot at the SB.

Now with all the injuries piling up, it seems more likely that we’re going to need to spend the cap buffer that could have been used on a luxury OBJ add to bring in a few guys for need to plug some of the holes early on instead. 

5 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I read that story this morning as well.  In listening to Jeremy and Nate now, it sounds like we’re getting back Jordan Phillips and Oliver for today.  This D Line is going to be a wrecking crew against the lowly Steelers.  I like how the Bills are paying very close attention to slow playing these injuries so they will be healthy in December.  I am so disappointed though Hyde ruled out for the year.  Thankfully we should have Poyer for next week.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.