Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they grabbed Jimmy G as a placeholder if they win themselves out of solid draft capital. His tenure in NE overlaps with Daboll, so they likely have a familiarity along with Jimmy G having a basic understanding of Daboll’s system/methodology. 

I've never really been a big fan of him myself.  Highly overrated to me and IMO the only reason he was ever considered good was because he played behind Brady in Belicheck's system.  Niners just spanked the Rams pretty good and niners fans are still busting on him.

Maybe he'll workout better in a different system, but I've just never thought much of him.

17 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Trade for DJ Moore once Panthers go full tank.  Idk the cap situation but he’s better than Beckham and a better fit for what the offense needs.

We're currently $7.5M over the cap next year as it is.  No way we can afford him.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 18.39.12.png

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

But what would be his rate? Is a 1 year, $8-$10 million a "panic buy?" Hardly.

Also, last week we were down to 3 healthy **active** WR's available for the game. Depth is important, and the rate we're sustaining injuries isn't a great sign. Davis is still not 100% either, so we don't have a legitimate #2. 

With Knox not being nearly as productive as last season either, it's smart to look for additional talent to help the passing game. 

Down to three healthy wr’s at the end of the game.  How is that different from week 1 when down to 2 healthy dts or week three when down to 5 healthy ol?  Injuries are part of the game.  Going into a game with 5 wrs is not abnormal.  Guys getting injured is not abnormal.   

the bills are second i passing second, third in yards fifth in points.   McKenzie will likely be back this week.   What problem are we solving?   Honest question.  If the bills need to fix something in offense is running with the rbs.  If the bills had obj they still would have had three healthy wrs.  They have had to go deep at cb and dt from the ps.   They will have to do that now for wr.  

You know who needs to step up?  The franchise TE with the big contract.   We can’t just accept his lack of production he needs to be part of the solution.  It sounds like you are just writing him off since he has started slow.  

Smart to look for talent? Sure.  All I am saying is OBJ is not healthy and even once cleared it will take time for him to get to full strength.  It could not happen this year at all.  And we are going to use 8 million in cap for that?   

Edited by Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

But what would be his rate? Is a 1 year, $8-$10 million a "panic buy?" Hardly.

Also, last week we were down to 3 healthy **active** WR's available for the game. Depth is important, and the rate we're sustaining injuries isn't a great sign. Davis is still not 100% either, so we don't have a legitimate #2. 

With Knox not being nearly as productive as last season either, it's smart to look for additional talent to help the passing game. 

Absolutely a panic buy and considering it wouldn't even be for 1/2 the season? That would be an outrageous asking price. He wouldn't get that from anyone.

We can't afford it.  Where's the money going to come from?  Basically every contract that could be restructured already has been.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 19.31.31.png

Edited by Billz4ever

3 hours ago, Logic said:

The Rams and Saints both make more sense to me as destinations than the Bills.

The Rams because they've been staying in regular contact with him and clearly WANT to re-sign him, and it's L.A.

The Saints because he played at LSU and may want to return to Louisiana and to reunite with Jarvis Landry.

Personally, I don't think the Bills are going to be willing (or able) to pay him what he likely thinks he's worth. AND, I don't think he's worth what he's going to be commanding money-wise at this point in his career.

I’m not sure rams or saints make playoffs- but Bills are Super Bowl favorites.  By the time ODB signs, Bills will be running away with East, and Rams and Saints will be done.  He’s a rental for the playoffs, he gets his ring and to showcase himself for big contract

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Trade for DJ Moore once Panthers go full tank.  Idk the cap situation but he’s better than Beckham and a better fit for what the offense needs.

We can't afford anyone like this.  

I do believe we will bring in another WR at some point, but it will be Beckham on a similar deal to the one the Rams gave him or a late round pick for an inexpensive WR3/4 type. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

The solution to an OBJ trade is to cut Gabe Davis. I read that right here on TBD so it must be true.

Yes..nevermind the fact he won't be ready for at least another 2 months, just cut Davis.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yes..nevermind the fact he won't be ready for at least another 2 months, just cut Davis.

Just cut him. Cut him because you think he's had a lot of drops, NFL stats attributing the same number of drops to GD13 as to SD14 (2) be damned. 

Edited by FrenchConnection

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.