Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

No Brainer 

23 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

Yup.  Need another WR threat, and OBJ, given his weirdness, will not be exposing himself in the old HoJo pool, near Niagara Fails, anytime soon.

He’s just so dangerous and can play anywhere. The guy is a winner and a great big game player. Everyone seems to love playing with him. It feels like the type of move that championship teams make. He would fit in perfectly.

• Like (+1) 6

Wouldn't mind seeing Odell Beckham Jr. on Buffalo. Great route runner. Big play maker. Don't think he'll be ready to play till December. There a bigger chance in my opinion that is either resigned by Rams, heads to Tampa or goes back to NY Giants before he comes over here.

On 9/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Airseven said:

There's nothing to understand. It doesn't make sense and it won't happen. Bills have terrific WR depth with a good mix of vets and youth and ability. Beckham is an obnoxious, overrated media darling at this point in his career.

I’ve been against bringing in that prima donna in the past, but, other than Diggs, I don’t think opposing defenses are too concerned about facing our WRs.

I really expected Davis to shine this season coming off that awesome playoff game.  He’s been dinged but has only 8 receptions in 3 games, with only 1 in this game.  He was only targeted 3 times.  Did he only play a limited number of snaps, was he not getting open or did Josh just look elsewhere?

In 2020, Gabe Davis filled-in regularly for John Brown and did great.

In 2021, Gabe Davis filled-in regularly for Emmanuel Sanders and did great.

In 2022, Gabe Davis played the first game healthy and did great.

The problem is not Davis.  

Our offense started struggling after the first drive of the Miami game.  We stopped throwing downfield, and all of our routes suddenly seem jammed up about 10-15 yards from the line of scrimmage.  This is causing problems with our WRs getting open, and Josh Allen is being forced to squeeze the ball into very tight spaces, almost throwing multiple picks in the last two games.

It shouldn't be surprising that our issues coincided directly with Jake Kumerow getting injured (on the second drive of the Dolphins game), and then us forcing Davis back into the lineup before he was really ready.  My guess is that Davis was only supposed to be an emergency backup in Week 3 until the Kumerow injury.  Now he's on the field, but he's not going deep, he's not getting open, and suddenly seems to be having drop issues (which makes sense if he's too mentally focused on the injury).  We no longer have a deep outside threat, and it's causing problems. 

I'm sure the Bills would have loved to sit Davis for a few weeks and let him heal, but with serious injury issues at OL, DT and CB, they just didn't have the bodies to do that.  If the injury report looks better this week, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we call-up Isaiah Hodgins from the practice squad.  

As mentioned before, the problem with OBJ is that he isn't going to play until Thanksgiving.  We need help now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:14 AM, ScottLaw said:

The Giants? No way.

Def could see Tampa or LA… but man, he’s the one missing piece for this offense assuming he’s healthy IMO.

Icing on the cake for this O. Would love to see him here if he's healthy. 

The reason I bring up NY Giants is because read that some of the players there are petitioning for his return and Odell is definitely a player that Daboll loves. Imagine what Dabble could do with him.

• Agree 1

Von Miller was with Josh Allen on his Von Cast show and the question (I think from a fan) was if you could bring one former player you've played with onto this Bills team who would it be?

His response was OBJ, mentioned we do have a great group of receivers

Allen's reaction was a rye smile and "mmmm" 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.