Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I would wait till our bye week before considering signing OBJ. By then we should have a good idea if Davis has fit well into his larger role in the offense and if Shakir, McKenzie and Crowder are playing well enough. 

I honestly have close to zero possibility that Davis won’t perform. My main concern is injury, which we all know happens every year to some degree. But I agree with you on the wait and see approach. No telling what the picture might look like in a few months. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I honestly have close to zero possibility that Davis won’t perform. My main concern is injury, which we all know happens every year to some degree. But I agree with you on the wait and see approach. No telling what the picture might look like in a few months. 

I have the same feeling you do. I think Gabe actually has a chance of having a monster year. 1200+ yards 15+ TD's type of year.

3 hours ago, Georgie said:

If OBJ signs a one year ( or half,or quarter year) "prove it deal", he will certainly want to play, to establish his value for a richer ,long term deal in 2023.

Let's say he remains unsigned:he could rehab,get in shape etc., hoping a team has a late- season need. 

If the Bills are running away with the AFC East,getting good production from their WRS....why would they need him?

The only way I see Bills signing him is in case of an injury to Diggs or Davis.

One thought I had related to this is teams late season, who now have a fairly good idea of our offense now would need to game plan differently for OBJ.   It may give us an advantage late in season when playoff implications are at hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I have the same feeling you do. I think Gabe actually has a chance of having a monster year. 1200+ yards 15+ TD's type of year.

I agree Gabe could do that, but I can’t forget OBJ just might have been the Super Bowl MVP had he not been injured. Adding extra weapons for a shot at a Lombardi Trophy works for me.  And he can win the SB MVP for all I care! 

EDIT: It’s almost like the NBA now, lets stack a team to buy a trophy, much like Von and OBJ last year. I have to say, I really hate that………unless it’s OUR TROPHY!!!    :)

Edited by Augie

13 hours ago, Success said:

Honestly, I'd rather have Hodgins than OBJ. Someone who is homegrown, enthusiastic, talented & will go all out on every play, every time he's on the field.

Is OBJ a better receiver?  Yes, and easily.  But Hodgins is my choice.

I'm sorry this mindset makes no sense. You'd rather have a guy who has been on our practice squad a few years instead of a game breaking WR who just had 9 for 113 in the NFC title game and 3 for 52 and a TD before acl tear in SB???

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Those are huge numbers.  Not sure if Davis reaches them but believe he will have a strong year that nets him a contract extension this upcoming off-season.

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.e08c04736d8c7b2d6f99e1376ef1065e.png

Odell Beckham Jr. has been pretty open about his interest in joining either the Los Angeles Rams or Buffalo Bills this season. Though no deal is imminent with either team, those seem to be the frontrunners to land the talented free-agent receiver.

Coincidentally, the Rams will face the Bills in the season opener on Thursday. If Beckham wants a simple way to pick his next team, he should just sign with the winner.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/06/odell-beckham-rams-bills-signing-week-1-game/

• Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind it for this year only. He won't play until later in the year anyway. If he gets healthy and can help the Bills win a championship then that would be great. But let him sign his next big contract somewhere else. He comes with a history of injuries as well as being a headcase. 

There are always diva wide receivers on ***** teams that want to be traded. In fact, healthy ones.

Lets see who's available at the deadline and what positions we may need.

Hopefully, OBJ is not a need.

Edited by Beast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.