Help me understand an OBJ trade

Behindenemylines

I’m not saying I want this or anything but if we were to grab OBJ, how in the heck would we need to change the projected roster to fit him in?  

we are pretty loaded and seeing promise among our group of rookies.  Even with Crowder having a bit of a slump in game 1 I project him on the 53.

I don’t see room for OBJ without blowing up something.  What am I missing?  Looking to better minds than mine on this, because I do believe it’s very interesting for the SB push later in the season.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I’m not saying I want this or anything but if we were to grab OBJ, how in the heck would we need to change the projected roster to fit him in?  

we are pretty loaded and seeing promise among our group of rookies.  Even with Crowder having a bit of a slump in game 1 I project him on the 53.

I don’t see room for OBJ without blowing up something.  What am I missing?  Looking to better minds than mine on this, because I do believe it’s very interesting for the SB push later in the season.  

Would make sense if he is replacing an IR'd WR. He would come on a cheap deal sense he's only be playing the last quarter of the season plus playoffs. Wouldn't make sense if WR corp is healthy and firing on all cylinders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think most of this speculation works on the assumption that OBJ would be willing to play on a low dollar 1 year deal to prove he's healthy, have a shot at another ring, and then take another bite at the apple next off-season.  I don't think much of anyone is looking to throw money or term at OBJ as he currently sits.

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We would have to trade some money for his services…… because he’s an FA.

Just like your use of “an” before “FA”.  I’m a bit of a stickler for these things.  Also thiink your thinking is spot on.

Go Bills! That is all.  

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Thank you mr sarcasm I’m relating to the roster-and I appreciate the smart ass reply I should have been more specific 

I figured that’s where we needed to start to help you understand lmao.

in reality, 1 single roster spot would be some bum STer or a 6th WR vs OBJ and wouldn’t constituting “blowing” anything up.  We aren’t gonna cut Josh or Tre to make room for OBJ. 

Second, OBJ is injured and you could IR him and not even need a roster spot until he returns. At which point someone may be hurt already. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I figured that’s where we needed to start to help you understand lmao.

in reality, 1 single roster spot would be some bum STer or a 6th WR vs OBJ and wouldn’t constituting “blowing” anything up.  We aren’t gonna cut Josh or Tre to make room for OBJ. 

Second, OBJ is injured and you could IR him and not even need a roster spot until he returns. At which point someone may be hurt already. 

Thanks.  I was thinking a bit along those lines but did t get the mechanics.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Just like your use of “an” before “FA”.  I’m a bit of a stickler for these things.  Go Bills! That is all.  

F is pronounced ef and thus “an” is correct vernacular. It’s a vowel sound. I took English in tenth grade. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Too much young and emerging talent to risk losing right now 

Agreed that’s the dilemma. He could be a good addition down the line but do you need to lock him in now to prevent others from grabbing him or is it general practice to wait for more rehab progress   After the Watson contract things seem to have gone a bit off the rails 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.