Jordan Palmer - XFL’s Director of QB Development

YoloinOhio

Side gig, makes a bunch of money doing essentially nothing, (it’s an admin job”director”) not long afterward the league goes bankrupt and is dissolved,  

Just now, CapeBreton said:

Director of QB Development for the whole league? Seems like an odd position for a pro league.

It's a developmental league so not really. Lots of different ways to craft a job like that and the league could set up coaching time/clinics with Palmer basically at league expense rather than trying to have guys who don't make a lot of money try to pay him themselves.

He’s a good businessman, and is promoting his services in a variety of endeavors.  

My old VP of Sales and Marketing who is a great leader told me and others “You’re always moving up or down”. You never stay the same.  It was great advice for me years ago on professional development.

This has me liking him even more.  He saw an opportunity and grabbed it.  If he  remains in this role and the league lasts a couple of years, he’ll still have time to develop QB’s I. The off season.  You know he’s probably getting more selective what apprentices he brings on each year.  It worked with JA, but didn’t help with Darnold.  It’s what they do with  the coaching.

In this role, Palmer will work with the coaching staff from each XFL team to create a thoughtful and advanced quarterback development program. By combining the physical therapy, strength training, and position coaching from each team into one program, XFL QBs will develop a deeper understanding of their game than ever before. Through the months of September to December, the XFL QBs will work with Palmer and focus on movement efficiency and throwing mechanics. In addition, the XFL QBs will be provided with an actionable plan for continuous development opportunities throughout the offseason and establish consistent remote consulting with Palmer and his team.

https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/jordan-palmer-joins-xfl-as-director-of-quarterback-development/n-5870548 

(Warning:  Lots of Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley quotes)

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Well poor QB play will sink the league as fast as anything....so it sorta makes sense.

Lots of QB's look great in college because the overall level of talent around them isn't that good.  Likely same thing in XFL.  Not that much overall talent so anyone is capable of looking great including QB's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.