Who backs up Davis?

GreggTX

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a good question.

Fans are assuming that it's Shakir now.........but with Crowder having a very poor camp and possibly not even making the roster(even Shill Capaccio says 25% chance he gets cut at this point).........and McKenzie having not been a full time starter anywhere since he was in High School(and has shown a propensity to lose every job he's been given in the NFL).........there is a good possibility that Shakir could end up the starting slot receiver by mid-season.

They are thin outside.........the GM knows it.    I don't think they will call it a day with either Kumerow or Hodgins.   A move is likely to be made in camp or in-season.   Too much on the line to risk going into the playoffs with holes in the passing game.    TE, Guard, backup LT..........all also positions that could stand fortifying.

I....agree....with...you....

Damn that hurt to type...

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

If Davis (or Diggs) goes down for a couple games, who starts in his place?

It's obvious that it would be Shakir.  He's practicing at all 3 receiver positions.   After this training camp to date, the first preseason game, and McDermott's comments I'd say Hodgins is not only in the mix to make the line-up, but he'd be a reliable replacement for either of them (No matter how many negative things the fill-in on the morning show had to say about him today.).

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Pre-draft and training camp the answer would sadly have appeared to be Kumerow.  Thankfully there actually IS a draft and training camp, though, where we have learned that Shakir is capable of playing on the outside and Hodgins is finally healthy and has begun to exhibit some of the promise we hoped for.

In other words, the situation is not nearly as dire as some would have you believe.

Sounds like cheating to me.

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You...have...to....say....it.....using.....William.....Shatner's.......voice.....

LOL, it is hard to type.

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

with Crowder having a very poor camp and possibly not even making the roster(even Shill Capaccio says 25% chance he gets cut at this point).........and McKenzie having not been a full time starter anywhere since he was in High School(and has shown a propensity to lose every job he's been given in the NFL).........there is a good possibility that Shakir could end up the starting slot receiver by mid-season.

Help me with the fuzzy math here.  Crowder has a 75% chance of making the team, McKenzie "has shown a propensity to lose every job" (huh?), no mention at all of Hodgins, and that adds up to a "good" possibility Shakir is the starting slot receiver by mid-season?

You made more sense when you were just leaving out pertinent quotes.

I won't at all be surprised if the Bills sign OBJ once he's healthy.  It makes a lot of sense going into the stretch run for this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think this scenerio is one of the main reasons Hodgins has a very legit chance to make the 53. Shakir would probably be 1st in, but it would be wise to have another viable option available. I'm not sure if that means keeping 7 WR's or Kummerow get released, but I suspect it will weight heavily in Beane's final decisions.  

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Help me with the fuzzy math here.  Crowder has a 75% chance of making the team, McKenzie "has shown a propensity to lose every job" (huh?), no mention at all of Hodgins, and that adds up to a "good" possibility Shakir is the starting slot receiver by mid-season?

I won't at all be surprised if the Bills sign OBJ once he's healthy.  It makes a lot of sense going into the stretch run for this team.

Don't use logic with him, he wants to flood the conversation with anything that will distract and prove he's correct.  Including mis-quoting Beane/selectively picking comments to support what we wants, etc etc.  As you know 😁.

Lack of outside WR depth has hit a level of insanity this offseason.  I'll be thr first to admit I was wrong, if that plays out

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Well if you told me in May that there was any chance that Crowder wouldn't make the team I wouldn't have believed that...........he was a tremendous NFL receiver when healthy as recently as 2020 and there was no reason to assume that he wouldn't just bounce right back and replicate Beasley's numbers and his contract is exceptionally team friendly.   And slot receivers are a relative dime-a-dozen.    I thought they were set there whether they had selected Shakir or not.

So if Shill Capaccio........who admits to softening his takes to prevent said players from limiting his access to them........floats it out there that there is a 25% chance Crowder gets cut.........then he is hearing it's more likely than that and just wants to be able to stake claim to being right if it actually happens.   

As for Hodgins...........he's missed the last 2 seasons to injury and has never played in a game in the NFL.    I did, in fact, mention him.   But why am I supposed to be sold on him?   So he made a few receptions in the second half of one preseason game.    Him.........and everyone Nathan Peterman threw the ball to in the 2017 preseason made a few catches.   Hodgins also had a ball sail thru his hands in the first half as I recall.      

Fuzzy math would be you insisting that there is zero need for the Bills to pursue more depth for their WR corps and then turning around and saying "it makes a lot of sense" to sign one "OBJ" once he's healthy.  

Seriously?   STFU :lol:

You guys doth protest FAR too much.   

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fuzzy math would be you insisting that there is zero need for the Bills to pursue more depth for their WR corps

Please find any post in which I asserted this.  I'll wait........................................................................................................

41 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

906c4dea-68db-4b53-b18a-55567dfa2722_tex

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Please find any post in which I asserted this.  I'll wait........................................................................................................

Losing complete track of time while sloshed on peanut butter whiskey is not the same thing as waiting, btw.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a good question.

Fans are assuming that it's Shakir now.........but with Crowder having a very poor camp and possibly not even making the roster(even Shill Capaccio says 25% chance he gets cut at this point).........and McKenzie having not been a full time starter anywhere since he was in High School(and has shown a propensity to lose every job he's been given in the NFL).........there is a good possibility that Shakir could end up the starting slot receiver by mid-season.

They are thin outside.........the GM knows it.    I don't think they will call it a day with either Kumerow or Hodgins.   A move is likely to be made in camp or in-season.   Too much on the line to risk going into the playoffs with holes in the passing game.    TE, Guard, backup LT..........all also positions that could stand fortifying.

Good point about LT and TE.  Sweeney is not an NFL talent.  And Howard may not have anything left.  So we have Knox and ????  

As for backup LT, Doyle is horrible.  No business being an NFL O lineman.  Looks stuck in concrete.  Tenuta did not look any better.  Lets hope Quissenberry can be the swing tackle if Brown is our starter at RT.  

As for WR, don't count out Crowder.  He will end up being a baller for us.  Plus Diggs Davis McKenzie Shakir and Hodgins.  That's a dam good group of WR's.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Are you one of those posters who thinks that raising concerns about the roster creates “bad juju” which somehow impacts the team’s on-field performance?

I am not like any of those irrational types. If I change a shirt during a game or stop watching for a bit, it's not that I think my behavior has any effect on the game, it's just that I like to change my sartorial vibe several times a day on occasion, etc.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Hodgins 

….and then….

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

OBJ👀

….for the Super Bowl. 

OK, I don’t really care, except for the Super Bowl part! 

Shakir looked pretty good, I just need to see more and if he’ll work on the outside. 

17 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Are you one of those posters who thinks that raising concerns about the roster creates “bad juju” which somehow impacts the team’s on-field performance?

LOL what a silly statement. I’m “one of those posters” who believes everyone should be treated with kindness and not be subjected to a blowhard who belittles anyone who doesn’t agree with him and then goes so far as to make up stuff to defend his points and then personally attack those who stand up to him.

Got it?

Go Freaking Bills!!!!

20-0, babyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.