Are Republicans pro-terror?

On 8/15/2022 at 2:06 PM, SectionC3 said:

I wish this was a hoax.  I wish I didn’t have to leave retirement from these parts to make this point.  But my hand has been forced.  

To defund the FBI is to dilute, or maybe even destroy, an organization charged with preventing terrorist attacks on our country.  It is disgusting that the cultists who believe that, because its mission of enforcing the law and protecting our country inconvenienced Donald Trump, that agency should be dismantled.  I thought it was bad to rush to judgment.  I thought it was bad to attack the “blue.”  Apparently Republicans feel differently.  How sad that it has come to this.  

Coming from a loser who supports defund the police.  Pathetic.  What a mess.  

8 hours ago, Irv said:

Coming from a loser who supports defund the police.  Pathetic.  What a mess.  

Hoax on all counts.  Have fun defunding the FBI and weakening out national security.  It's ironic that you're a moderator (and have an obligation to enforce rules), but politically support people who don't think the rules apply to them and who believe in destroying institutions that enforce rules that affect their dear leader.  That, sir (and I use the term loosely, give your penchant for personal insults, which also is interesting given your role as a moderator), is pathetic. 

EDIT: You should self-report yourself both for your hoaxes and for your inappropriate conduct.  Maybe when you're done defunding the FBI you could try to lead by example. 

Edited by SectionC3

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax on all counts.  Have fun defunding the FBI and weakening out national security.  It's ironic that you're a moderator (and have an obligation to enforce rules), but politically support people who don't think the rules apply to them and who believe in destroying institutions that enforce rules that affect their dear leader.  That, sir (and I use the term loosely, give your penchant for personal insults, which also is interesting given your role as a moderator), is pathetic. 

EDIT: You should self-report yourself both for your hoaxes and for your inappropriate conduct.  Maybe when you're done defunding the FBI you could try to lead by example.

About as stupid as defunding the police and letting criminals out on the street, and letting cities fall into chaos.  Wouldn't you say?

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

About as stupid as defunding the police and letting criminals out on the street, and letting cities fall into chaos.  Wouldn't you say?

Define defund.  And let me know which city or cities have spiraled into chaos. 

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Define defund.  And let me know which city or cities have spiraled into chaos. 

When you see daily stories of shootings, car jackings, police chases, cars ploughing into pedestrians, robbery, random attacks, looting of stores, shoot outs where innocent victims are killed and wounded along with local prosecutors that refuse to hold or prosecute the perps but charge citizens choosing to defend themselves it sure looks like chaos.  NY, LA, Minn, Chi, pick a place.  Crime rates up 25, 30 percent and more YoY.   People are fleeing, businesses are leaving or closing, working class communities suffer.  But the dozens of reports of crime and violence on the local news I personally see on NYC Ch7 every day is all a hoax, right?

I ran across this headline after posting.  "Baltimore On Pace For Possible Record Murders As Local NAACP Asks Governor To Deploy National Guard."  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

OP must be a younger Bills fan, and that's ok.  

However, in context, calls to "defund" the FBI aren't new in my opinion. I recall in the Ruby Ridge/Waco era, calls to eliminate, not just defund, both the FBI and ATF were being shouted by both parties.  The government participated in violent raids that could have been completely avoided with better planning.  The feds had numerous opportunities to take Randy Weaver and David Koresh into custody peacefully and chose not to.  

Domestic terrorism isn't new either.  I'd offer that it's quieter today than it's been, and it was pushed to the backburner with resources being thrown at al Qaeda after the first WTC bombing.  In the 90s, the FBI was contending with active domestic and international terror groups in the US.

In the 60s-70s, you had countless domestic terror groups - on the left and right actively participating in bombings, attempted assassinations, kidnappings and bank robberies in the US.  Then in the late 80s came the militia movement, which came under its most intense scrutiny post OKC, and you've always had the lone wolf terrorist - Ted Kaczynksi, Tim McVeigh, Robert Rudolph.  

And of course you can't forget the prison gangs and organized crime. 

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE DEMOCRATS’ NEW NARRATIVE: 

All Republicans are now terrorists: Democrats and the mainstream media have gone full Orwellian.

This sort of rhetoric is monstrous and enormously destructive to society, but they don’t care.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/21/all-republicans-are-now-terrorists/

Don't be a coward, you should denounce this talk of the FBI being Nazi agents 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't be a coward, you should denounce this talk of the FBI being Nazi agents 

Like how you all said that all police officers were killing black people for no reason and we needed to defund them and/or get rid of them? 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Like how you all said that all police officers were killing black people for no reason and we needed to defund them and/or get rid of them? 

Pee Wee Herman would be proud of you.  Maybe.  Hearkening to the earliest whataboutism—I know you are, but what am I?—is just outstanding.  Great job.  Hoax. 

15 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Pee Wee Herman would be proud of you.  Maybe.  Hearkening to the earliest whataboutism—I know you are, but what am I?—is just outstanding.  Great job.  Hoax. 

Ah, the old whine about "whataboutism."  Usually because you have nothing else with which to refute it.

Here it is in simple terms in deference to you all.  No one backs anything 100% and shouldn't when there's malfeasance.  But that's the game you guys play.

Just now, Doc said:

Ah, the old whine about "whataboutism."  Usually because you have nothing else with which to refute it.

Here it is in simple terms in deference to you all.  No one backs anything 100% and shouldn't when there's malfeasance.  But that's the game you guys play.

“[I]n deference to you all.”  Wow.  Nice work insulting everyone here, including your MAGA pals.  Looks like HCQ is ineffective both with respect to COVID and the taming of a massive ego.