EDIT: RIP Len Dawson (was HOF’er Len Dawson in Hospice)

Rico

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/24/len-dawson-hall-of-fame-quarterback-and-broadcaster-dies-at-87/amp/

RIP Len.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/len-dawson-mvp-of-chiefs-first-super-bowl-win-in-hospice/amp/

Just saw this, sorry if already posted, I didn’t see it.

Cheers to Len from QB U, a class act from back when the Chiefs did indeed have some class.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Thank you, Rico. 

I am young enough to not really remember his football days and old enough to remember Inside the NFL being an institution.

Prayers for Lenny.

Additionally, he is another one of those guys where there are photographs of him out there smoking a cigarette on the sideline.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4

Always respected him. I hope this time is peaceful for him and his family. I was a fan of his, and I liked Hank and the whole team really. The 60’s were odd (for a number of reasons). I was young and a fan of Cleveland, Buffalo, Dallas and Kansas City at different times.

Edited by Chas56
Added info
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you, Rico. 

I am young enough to not really remember his football days and old enough to remember Inside the NFL being an institution.

Prayers for Lenny.

Additionally, he is another one of those guys where there are photographs of him out there smoking a cigarette on the sideline.

I am in the same boat Donuts.  Just glad he kept the AFC streak going after Namath shocked world with an AFC 3rd SB win.  The 70’s were then dominating the SB showing they were just as good as the NFC with the Steelers, Dolphins, and Raiders.

• Like (+1) 3

Lenny the Cool! If my Bills weren’t gonna win the AFL, the Chiefs multi-dimensional offense was a thrill to behold, while their Defense and STs were the best the AFL offered. Loved beating them in our 1st ever MNF game, where OJ topped 1000 yrds in the 7th game! KC was the AFL’s best franchise and Lenny was their leader.

Thanks for the memories, Lenny!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I watched him win a Super Bowl in KC and later football commentary.  Read his biography and he was a class act and a gentleman.   Did anyone ever see him smoking on the KC bench?  That was a hoot!   Godl bless him.  

• Like (+1) 5

Saw Lenny play the Bills in 63.. the year they got Kemp on waivers from the Chargers,Kemp and the Bills kicked their Butts , being able to experience  watching Dawson, Blanda, Parilli , priceless memories.. Lenny really  had a great second career as a broadcaster.. very polished.. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chas56 said:

Always respected him. I hope this time is peaceful for him and his family. I was a fan of his, and I liked Hank and the whole team really. The 60’s were odd (for a number of reasons). I was young and a fan of Cleveland, Buffalo, Dallas and Kansas City at different times.

Every Cleveland game was on tv in Buffalo back then.

Broke my seven year old heart when I watched him and the Chiefs kick our asses in the ‘66 AFL championship game. Always liked him and those Chiefs teams and rooted for them often, especially during SB IV against the Vikes. 

Travel well, Len Dawson. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.