GMFB - best rookie performance of preseason week 1 - Bills got 3 out of 5

CorkScrewHill

Beneford or Elam against Cooper Kupp?   Well, thats a pretty big jump imho.  these rookies seem talented and well coached, but, Kupp is a handfull.  And , we might just see both of them try to handle him in a few weeks.  I am guessing Tre gets another 4 weeks to recover.  IR or whatever.

What a great line by Brandt:

"This team is so damn loaded even their punter is a superstar"

Not a fan of insane the hype around the Bills but I love the line

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Most people don't even know his real name at this point

It's also harder to spell. I tried the other day, gave up and just typed Punt God

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I now believe that Jason McCourty is/was a closet Bills fan 

I think even fans from other teams are becoming Bills fans now...how can you not? The team is amazing, fun, and just balls out.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Beneford or Elam against Cooper Kupp?   Well, thats a pretty big jump imho.  these rookies seem talented and well coached, but, Kupp is a handfull.  And , we might just see both of them try to handle him in a few weeks.  I am guessing Tre gets another 4 weeks to recover.  IR or whatever.

I suspect that since Kupp mainly operates out of the slot it will be Taron covering him for the most part.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Punt god memes aside, I really think Shakir deserves an honorable mention.  He looked excellent. 

He deserves more than an honorable mention, he was easily the most impressive of the Bills rookies and amongst all rookies this week.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Shakir was the best of the rookies. Elam had several nice plays and just as many poor ones where he was lost or beat and grabbing. Encouraging performances overall from the group. 

I checked past posts, and I think you may have made your opinion on Elam a long time ago, and you are going to make sure that it fits, no matter what. Kinda like the "Josh is inaccurate, and disappears in big games" experts who can't let it go. Even if Elam has a perfect game, I bet you will be the one to bring us all back to reality. Maybe the future proves me wrong... but he's a ROOKIE for cripes sake! Geez loweez

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Punt god memes aside, I really think Shakir deserves an honorable mention.  He looked excellent. 

And on our first series he lined up outside and dominated…. He is going to be another Gabriel Davis this year…. He’s going to get 500-600 yds. working from the outside and resting both Diggs and Davis at times…. Khalil is OUTSIDE WR option #3 for us this year!

Go Bills!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Surprised the Pats didn’t have spots 1 thru 5 since BB is such a genius.

Mac Jones 1-5

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He deserves more than an honorable mention, he was easily the most impressive of the Bills rookies and amongst all rookies this week.  

I think Benford was right there. He was excellent. Super hyped watching him play. Shakir > Elam and a guy who hit one punt though.  Not that either of those two were bad. 

Benford - excellent

Shakir - excellent

Elam - good for the most part

Araiza - good (limited sample)

Spector - good

Bernard - mixed, nice awareness for the scoop and score but struggled a bit in coverage, seemed a step late in anticipating the ball on a couple of occasions

Cook - tad disappointing (not helped by the awful run blocking of the mix of 2nd and 3rd up front, bit frustrating to only see him targeted once in the pass game)

Tenuta - awful, not sure on that showing I'd even put him on the PS. Let's hope he improves but I am sceptical. 

Edited by GunnerBill

On 8/15/2022 at 11:31 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Araiza hates being called Punt God but i don't see how he gets away from it now.  Most people don't even know his real name at this point

At least it was an EARNED nickname given by fans & wasn't self-made like so many others. 

Yeah, he doesn't like it, but it was awarded for a reason 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.