OJ Howard disappointing showing vs Indy

wppete

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I thought the whole point of signing Howard was for an increased use of 12 personnel by Dorsey.  Both Sweeney & OJH look meh. And Wyndermyer is gonzo.  I think we'll be shopping the cuts real soon.  Right now not having a quality  TE2 is a big problem. Too bad we couldn't have put a few pounds on Duke and turn him into a TE.

Was he that bad?  He played 23 snaps - what did he run like 6 routes?

Duke Johnson had 7 touches for 10 yards.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

On 8/14/2022 at 7:13 PM, NewEra said:

I think he just needs to be a good run blocker and catch wide open passes out of play action.  That’s what a TE2 is imo.  

now, if Knox gets hurt…..we could be in real trouble. 

I think Morris is a better option at pass catching TE than Howard from the sounds of it. 

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think Morris is a better option at pass catching TE than Howard from the sounds of it. 

Yeah, he definitely looks like the better threat as a receiver.  Looks like a much messer run blocker.  We’ll see which McB prefers 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Was he that bad?  He played 23 snaps - what did he run like 6 routes?

Duke Johnson had 7 touches for 10 yards.  

I wouldn’t say he was awful but it looked like he wasn’t giving full effort. For such a big athletic guy he looks like he was just  going threw the motions out there, very low energy.

58 minutes ago, wppete said:

I wouldn’t say he was awful but it looked like he wasn’t giving full effort. For such a big athletic guy he looks like he was just  going threw the motions out there, very low energy.

He may or may not be able to overcome the injuries and work out for this team BUT if what you said was true he would have been cut the next day. The teams e v a l at 20 times the level of joe fan. Big, long people look lumbering out there often times. Its an illusion.

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.