Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Showcasing Haak?

With Araiza holding, is Haak really making this team?

Wanted to see Araiza punt that one.  Live game vs camp.

I wanted McDermott to send Araiza out to punt from our endzone when they stopped Denver on 4th down with 20 or so seconds left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Obviously just my opinion, but I think the eye test paints a different portrait than the stats do.

- The intermediate pass to Crowder shows as a completion on the box score but likely would have been a sack, or worse, in the regular season. Keenum needlessly drifted backwards in the pocket and into the defensive ends. A split second difference and that play is a disaster - thankfully it was 2nd and 3rd stringers and not the 1st string. 

- Throwing a 5 yard pass with 30 seconds left and 1 timeout in the middle of the field. This was before the penalties and did absolutely no good.

- Throwing a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 10 at the end of the half. Thankfully a Bronco penalty bailed him out.

Stuff like this doesn’t reflect in the box score but it matters. Barkley is now 5/6 for 50 yards. This Broncos defense doesn’t look good.

I bet you think Scott Law is an optimist.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Watching that nifty little graphic, what's impressive to me is that I think Allen had at least 2 other options

Watching this, what's impressive is Allen's trust in his tackles.

Steps up, glances over at Dawkins "whups, doesn't have leverage where I'm at", does a little spin move, steps back, and refocuses downfield - all the confidence in the world that he's gonna have time.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Agreed.  I'd like to see Araiza execute a pooch punt or directional punt out of bounds to pin an opponent deep.  We know Haack can punt it short.

If it was a real game we would have went for it.

6 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Ok.  Just caught up. Couldn’t see the game until now.  Love FFW!

Freaking no-call holding on the broncos has been atrocious. Horrifyingly bad.

LOVE Cook!

Our d-line has been awesome!  Lawson and Epenesa look great!

Josh!  What else can you say.

Gabriel Davis TD was incredible.

Blackshear looks good, hope he sticks.

BS penalties against our d-backs first half.

Keenum looked great.

Wanted to see Punt God.

Who is Blackshear going to replace? Singletary? No.

Moss? No.

Cook? No.

Gilliam? No.

There is no room for him. It's the problem of being a really good, deep team. You are going to have good players who will get cut.

Get used to it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

I'm just excited to have a OC that will be a little more balanced, hopefully not force something that isn't working. Team looks great, but it is still just pre season ball though too. I think our offense will be deadly this year.

I've been excited for Dorsey to bring a more balanced, less matchup-obsessed play-calling flow to the Bills offense since Daboll became a "hot" commodity a couple years ago. Daboll installed and developed a top tier offensive system, especially with respect to route concepts and flexibility........BUT he never really had consistent success marrying the pass game and the run game. He knew how to attack a defense schematically, primarily through the air, but didn't have much success keeping defenses off-balance consistently. He was stubborn to adjust to in-game realities he hadn't prepared for.

I think Dorsey is going to be a more conventional, intuitive play-caller, and I mean that to be a complement. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Who is Blackshear going to replace? Singletary? No.

Moss? No.

Cook? No.

Gilliam? No.

There is no room for him. It's the problem of being a really good, deep team. You are going to have good players who will get cut.

Get used to it.

Get used to it??

Just making an observation that I like Blackshear. Nice speed and decent cutting ability.  He’d be a nice depth guy.

And Gilliam is a FB/TE.  We had 4 RB’s last season, DS,, Moss, Breida and Taiwan Jones.  Who knows, maybe there is a place for him.  Maybe PS.  I liked his running style better than Duke, shiftier and cuts well.

Edited by davefan66

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Get used to it??

Just making an observation that I like Blackshear. Nice speed and decent cutting ability.  He’d be a nice depth guy.

And Gilliam is a FB/TE.  We had 4 RB’s last season, DS,, Moss, Breida and Taiwan Jones.  Who knows, maybe there is a place for him.  Maybe PS.  I liked his running style better than Duke, shiftier and cuts well.

Yes...the Bills will be cutting guys who are good players for many years coming up because they won't have the ability to keep them due to having too many other good players...

Blackshear likely will get signed to a roster...I highly doubt he will be able to sneak into the PS.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

JA17 is a cheat code, making it look so easy out there. It’s incredible really. Watching him is about as good as a sports high you can get. It’s like pure bliss. 

thi brings me back to when he was drafted by Buffalo. #17 commented in an interview "Im going to make them look like geniuses for picking me"

Yes it was prophetically correct who wouldn't want this guy as QB1. It is watching a QB that is playing genius football basically. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

JA17 is a cheat code, making it look so easy out there. It’s incredible really. Watching him is about as good as a sports high you can get. It’s like pure bliss. 

Ya know, after living through the stumbling, bumbling, fumbling debacles, disasters and endless humiliations of most of this millennium, I simply can’t help myself… whenever 17 has them rolling…

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.