Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

Players seem to like Freuland.  She isn’t afraid of them and most of her competition seem awestruck.

McDermott either has a sunburn or she got him to be blush at half time.  Biggest smile I’ve seen from him in awhile.

I like her.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Ok.  Just caught up. Couldn’t see the game until now.  Love FFW!

Freaking no-call holding on the broncos has been atrocious. Horrifyingly bad.

LOVE Cook!

Our d-line has been awesome!  Lawson and Epenesa look great!

Josh!  What else can you say.

Gabriel Davis TD was incredible.

Blackshear looks good, hope he sticks.

BS penalties against our d-backs first half.

Keenum looked great.

Wanted to see Punt God.

pretty concise dave good job. I would also mention the 2 stand up TD's scored by Zack Moss as highlights

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I really don’t take stock in preseason performances against back ups

I said after last weeks game it was silly to write off Keenum because he didn’t look great … And it also be silly to praise Barkley because he looked good… These aren’t young quarterbacks were developing… They are Both 30+ and they are who they are

Both are close to a decade in the NFL… Matt Barkley has double the interceptions than touchdowns in his career in real games 

That’s why I don’t want him playing… Keenum has actually taken an NFL team to the playoffs… Barkley is a QB coach who shouldn’t see the field

Mitch talked about how different things were in Buffalo re: QB development and coaching, so I'm not going to hold a past against him after a few years of Bills coaching if they have trust in him.

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I actually adore Cynthia Frelund. Love her personality, and her statistical analysis is brilliant. I did very well last season in my weekly football pool using her Game Theory analysis. That being said, I understand exactly what you mean.

My comment was not based on her as a person, or her knowledge of the game - just the stupid questions she asked.  "What's your favorite play?" - to two differnt players! - who both looked at her like "WTF you just say?"  And one of the the worst segues I've ever seen when she talked to Josh - yuk yuk what was your last golf round (another stupid question) then directly to Knox's brother's death

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Obviously just my opinion, but I think the eye test paints a different portrait than the stats do.

- The intermediate pass to Crowder shows as a completion on the box score but likely would have been a sack, or worse, in the regular season. Keenum needlessly drifted backwards in the pocket and into the defensive ends. A split second difference and that play is a disaster - thankfully it was 2nd and 3rd stringers and not the 1st string. 

- Throwing a 5 yard pass with 30 seconds left and 1 timeout in the middle of the field. This was before the penalties and did absolutely no good.

- Throwing a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 10 at the end of the half. Thankfully a Bronco penalty bailed him out.

Stuff like this doesn’t reflect in the box score but it matters. Barkley is now 5/6 for 50 yards. This Broncos defense doesn’t look good.

You make a ton of assumptions for someone who has no idea what the playcalls or read progressions were.  Could have been practicing plays to set up for field goals.  Chill yo negative ass out.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Very upset that we took a kneel down to end the game rather than have Araiza punt instead. It’s as if McD didn’t realize what the fans came to see. 

I agree but it has nothing to do with appeasing the fans.  Araiza was perfect in holds but should've gotten the opportunity to pin the Broncos deep on our one punt.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree but it has nothing to do with appeasing the fans.  Araiza was perfect in holds but should've gotten the opportunity to pin the Broncos deep on our one punt.

Showcasing Haak?

With Araiza holding, is Haak really making this team?

Wanted to see Araiza punt that one.  Live game vs camp.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Foe some stupid reason, I thought the game was at 4pm.  Was on my way out of town for my regular table tennis session, so I was lucky I happened to have the car radio already set to Buffalo sports radio where they talked about the game time on my way down.  Immediate veering off the highway to find a liquor store and a Dollarama for some chips on the way home.

So did I.  I set alarm and took at nap. When I turned on TV WTF vs Pat(hetc)s was on and I assumed local area overrided game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.