Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

16/18 for 192 yards and a TD, and passed the eye test?  Yes.

Obviously just my opinion, but I think the eye test paints a different portrait than the stats do.

- The intermediate pass to Crowder shows as a completion on the box score but likely would have been a sack, or worse, in the regular season. Keenum needlessly drifted backwards in the pocket and into the defensive ends. A split second difference and that play is a disaster - thankfully it was 2nd and 3rd stringers and not the 1st string. 

- Throwing a 5 yard pass with 30 seconds left and 1 timeout in the middle of the field. This was before the penalties and did absolutely no good.

- Throwing a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 10 at the end of the half. Thankfully a Bronco penalty bailed him out.

Stuff like this doesn’t reflect in the box score but it matters. Barkley is now 5/6 for 50 yards. This Broncos defense doesn’t look good.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Obviously just my opinion, but I think the eye test paints a different portrait than the stats do.

- The intermediate pass to Crowder shows as a completion on the box score but likely would have been a sack, or worse, in the regular season. Keenum needlessly drifted backwards in the pocket and into the defensive ends. A split second difference and that play is a disaster - thankfully it was 2nd and 3rd stringers and not the 1st string. 

- Throwing a 5 yard pass with 30 seconds left and 1 timeout in the middle of the field. This was before the penalties and did absolutely no good.

- Throwing a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 10 at the end of the half. Thankfully a Bronco penalty bailed him out.

Stuff like this doesn’t reflect in the box score but it matters. Barkley is now 5/6 for 50 yards. This Broncos defense doesn’t look good.

Just look at his resume as a starter in this league.  He's a lock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.