Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

Edited my prior post to mention it, but what do people make of McVay sitting his starters in preseason and winning the Super Bowl?

Editing this post to include an article from last year: (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32011689/los-angeles-rams-again-rest-all-starters-preseason-games?platform=amp) He treats training camp scrimmages as a type of preseason and uses preseason games as more of a roster cutdown analysis tool. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Edited my prior post to mention it, but what do people make of McVay sitting his starters in preseason and winning the Super Bowl?

Editing this post to include an article from last year: (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32011689/los-angeles-rams-again-rest-all-starters-preseason-games?platform=amp) He treats training camp scrimmages as a type of preseason and uses preseason games as more of a roster cutdown analysis tool. 

I don’t think one correlates to the other. Each team needs to do what they need to best prepare themselves for the season and there are too many variables between teams to recommend the same thing for everyone based on individual results  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Last year the third preseason game was the only home game.  I am guessing with the third preseason game down in Carolina this year they are getting the starters in for the home fans.

That shouldn’t be a factor in the decision.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The pearl clutching that's going on at WGR right now is just ridiculous.  They're grown ass men with some of the best sports science doctors/trainers in the entire world.  The Bills know what they're doing.

far be it for the Bills to have confidence in their state of the art training facilities and trainers. Lets put Josh Allen in bubble wrap and see how that works to pacify the but he might get hurt" crowd. ....not only do I consider it bad karma I dont think it is based in logic or most NFL teams preseason practices. Especially with a brand new OC in the fold. . Noone is saying hang him out to dry behind scrubs.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

far be it for the Bills to have confidence in their state of the art training facilities and trainers. Lets put Josh Allen in bubble wrap and see how that works to pacify the but he might get hurt" crowd. ....not only do I consider it bad karma I dont think it is based in logic or most NFL teams preseason practices. Especially with a brand new OC in the fold. . Noone is saying hang him out to dry behind scrubs.

You got to trust the process.  I mean, where does it end?  McD banning Josh from showering with Britanny?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think one correlates to the other. Each team needs to do what they need to best prepare themselves for the season and there are too many variables between teams to recommend the same thing for everyone based on individual results  

Fair assessment and it lends itself to the Allen needs to gel with Dorsey line of thinking 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That shouldn’t be a factor in the decision.

Oh please, of course it is a factor, money talks and, we all know what walks. This is a business after all, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, wjag said:

They practice 4 times a week and from I can tell, they are more likely to get hurt in preseason practice than preseason games.  Hyde, Poyer, Brown, Crowder, Settle all have some form of ding from practice.  

Exactly, this incessant pearl clutching is just asinine,  become a pickle ball fan if this is to much for you, 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh please, of course it is a factor, money talks and, we all know what walks. This is a business after all, 

Go Bills!!!

Oh yeah.  I’m sure Terry strong armed McDermott.  “Play him or else.”  Lol. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I would expect the offensive starters will be focused on the run game and a lot of quick passes. I would also expect to see the 2nd tier WR’s sprinkled in to see how they perform with Josh. 

Great opportunity for OJ Howard with Knox most likely not playing. 

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, muppy said:

I demand Allen be hung out to dry, behind scrubs! 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I demand Allen be hung out to dry, behind scrubs! 

lmao Touche'

🙂

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

especially if Bobby hart is out there in front of him. 

I will have a basic fit if they trot Hart anywhere near the line Josh Allen is playing behind.  Unless he has majorly upped his game from last season.  Dude was on skates it was really Really bad from what I can remember

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.