Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, arcane said:

FWIW, the Bengals also rested starters in that game he won, and it was some of the most atrocious football I watched all year. Did not come away from that game thinking Keenum would win a real game against a real team lol

Which is kinda crazy since he took the Vikings to the playoffs and had a pretty good season there.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Which is kinda crazy since he took the Vikings to the playoffs and had a pretty good season there.

Yep. I don't think he's a championship game QB and I don't think he's incapable of winning us one like he looked in the preseason, hopefully we never have to find out either way!

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

All you’re asking for out of a back up QB is to win your three out of five games that is going to be the same for any team in the league Josh Allen is a unicorn

I think that’s basically right. On a team with this strong of a roster you’re looking for the backup to go .500.

14 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

We’re 4 deep at DT… teams typically keep 4-5 DT… the majority of teams don’t have 4 DTs as good as our 4 DTs. How are we not deep? 

Please understand how depth works. 

You mean we can't have starter quality DTs on the practice squad and not expect other teams to sign them away.  I'm crushed.

9 hours ago, arcane said:

FWIW, the Bengals also rested starters in that game he won, and it was some of the most atrocious football I watched all year. Did not come away from that game thinking Keenum would win a real game against a real team lol

yeah saw that (you saw Keenum started and beat the Broncos too? you seemed to indicate he only won one game) which is why i included their stats to date particularly Barkley's recent experience.  Keenum has only had one year with more ints than TDs whereas Barkley only has one year with more Tds than int (both entered the league in 2013).  Overall 78 TD : 48 INT >>>> 11 TD : 22 INT, and thats why i think its sorta laughable to say that Keenum would only win us one more game (again I dont think Barkley even beats Bengals resting their starters), if any.  I dont think Barkley would win any games and Keenum has a good shot to go better than 0.500.

What an idiotic move. They should never play starters in the preseason. And before anyone talks about “rust,” they played starters in the preseason last year and we looked like garbage in the first game. Hopefully nobody gets hurt by this outdated move McDermott is making.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MWK said:

What an idiotic move. They should never play starters in the preseason. And before anyone talks about “rust,” they played starters in the preseason last year and we looked like garbage in the first game. Hopefully nobody gets hurt by this outdated move McDermott is making.

Now i am concerned

15 minutes ago, MWK said:

Injuries can happen anywhere. Plenty of injuries happen at practice. Always hope for zero injuries but it’s part of football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, MWK said:

Allen and Dorsey communicating in game action probably plays a part. Injuries can happen in any game so you can't worry about stuff like that. If I am McDermott I would tell Josh under no circumstances do you take off and run. Throw the ball away if the play isn't there.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, MWK said:

I don't love it, but lets not act like the Bills are going to be the only team to play starters.... A lot of teams played their guys week 1 of the preseason

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, MWK said:

Personally I would of been very dissapointed if we do not play the starters some....  This whole never play starters in pre-season is horsepoop.

You don't play them a lot but you let your starters get some reps in. I will ALWAYS be in this camp

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, MWK said:

Not exposing guys to the speed of an actual game is actually putting them at more risk for injury... this is a proven fact. 

You can practice all you want but it's still not the same level of intensity as a game against another opponent - although they do try and simulate that environment as much as possible. Which to the point made by others upthead... you're susceptible to injury in practice as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Personally I would of been very dissapointed if we do not play the starters some....  This whole never play starters in pre-season is horsepoop.

You don't play them a lot but you let your starters get some reps in. I will ALWAYS be in this camp

If it were me I would give the starters the first quarter which is probably two series for the both the O and D. After that start bringing in the backups. You are right about playing the starters as even Mahomes played some last week for KC. I don't want them kicking it off in LA without the starters getting some reps in game action.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.