Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, uninja said:

D Line is deep this year and the S&C staff for the Bills have been really good about properly rehabbing soft tissue injuries so they don't linger or re-aggravate during the season. They've also been extra cautious in camp and preseason, probably at the recommendation of the S&C staff.

I trust that the team knows what it's doing.

DT is really not deep at all.  The 4 we have are all good, but we have no depth beyond the 4.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

Every team should play preseason games against the other conference. Take this week for example the Bills and Broncos could meet in the playoffs this year. I know teams have a vanilla game plan but why play against a team you might be fighting for a playoff spot with or play in the playoffs.

That game was possibly scheduled before the Broncos traded for Wilson.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

DT is really not deep at all.  The 4 we have are all good, but we have no depth beyond the 4.

We’re 4 deep at DT… teams typically keep 4-5 DT… the majority of teams don’t have 4 DTs as good as our 4 DTs. How are we not deep? 

Please understand how depth works. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

Every team should play preseason games against the other conference. Take this week for example the Bills and Broncos could meet in the playoffs this year. I know teams have a vanilla game plan but why play against a team you might be fighting for a playoff spot with or play in the playoffs.

Back in 1997 the Bills played the Vikings in preseason at home on August 8 and totally dominated them..........then 3 weeks later the opened the season at home against the Vikings and got blown out by them.    

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bruce looks like he can suit up on Saturday

I was wondering how many sacks Bruce would rack up if he was playing alongside Von, Oliver and the rest of this line.  I’d probably go with 7, which really isn’t too bad considering he’s almost 60 years old 😉

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Keenum, Barkley, whatever. 
Heaven forbid, Josh misses 8+ games or the playoffs: season over. 
Josh misses 4-6 games: Keenum might, possibly, under the best case scenario, get you one more win than Barkley would. Maybe that turns out to be critical in playoff seeding. 
Most likely: no difference at all. If money isn’t critical right now, keep Keenum. If someone else goes down in camp and you need the money to fill a hole, dump him. 

Disagree strongly. Keenum got 2 wins with the browns last year.  I don’t think Barkley gets them any wins. Barkley has had one good game since 2018 against the Jets.  You might not like what you’ve seen from keenum so far but he has done much more than Barkley to this point. 

https://stathead.com/tiny/WmGHY

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm going to assume you meant DL not DT.  If you did mean DT how many do you need?

If you meant the entire DL all I want to say is you need to look at other team's depth.

While it's true that the SB champs have a great DL with their 3-4 defense, their depth is abysmal.

The 3 depth DL on the Rams have almost no NFL experience with a total of 22 career tackles among all 3 of them.

FWIW.

5 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

Prediction. Boogie get more sacks then Rousseau.

This seems reasonable. Basham is probably the more "skilled" of the two right now. Rousseau was always going to be a raw prospect coming off a long break from seeing the field. But if he can harness those elite physical traits, and keep growing into that frame...then his ceiling is something different. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Disagree strongly. Keenum got 2 wins with the browns last year.  I don’t think Barkley gets them any wins. Barkley has had one good game since 2018 against the Jets.  You might not like what you’ve seen from keenum so far but he has done much more than Barkley to this point. 

https://stathead.com/tiny/WmGHY

FWIW, the Bengals also rested starters in that game he won, and it was some of the most atrocious football I watched all year. Did not come away from that game thinking Keenum would win a real game against a real team lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.