Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Imagine being Groot.. getting one on one training/tips from Von Miller and now the greatest sack artist of all time.  He’s got the physical tools, if he can absorb and implement what he’s being taught; he could become a true difference maker for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 7

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Local sports news here in Colorado is hyped to see the Broncos performance against the mighty Bills team.

They are also excited to go to Buffalo and most want to see Russell Wilson start.

they're not going to be playing the mighty Bills team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

LOL so true.  But if they win the game, they will think they are playoff bound!

Out here in the wild, wild west the Russell Wilson signing is Peyton Manning 2.0 and it's paving the way to the SB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

I just noticed that Rousseau is practicing with an extra padded helmet? Any idea what is up with that? Just curious-m

Mandated by the league for all OL, DL, and LBs this season.

EDIT: training camp practices only.

Edited by K-9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Mandated by the league for all OL, DL, and LBs this season.

wow I did not know this. It looks strikingly bigger than the usual helmet. I hope it works as intended.

Edited by muppy

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

I thought our backups on D did fairly well against the Colts starters minus JT. Especially since the Bills turned the ball over a lot. Holding them to a FG on Keenum's first INT was pretty impressive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, muppy said:

wow I did not know this. It looks strikingly bigger than the usual helmet. I hop it works as intended.

Not sure how much actual concussion protection it adds, but it’s at least something. Not sure if you caught my edited post, but to clarify, they’re only mandated for training camp practices. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Not sure how much actual concussion protection it adds, but it’s at least something. Not sure if you caught my edited post, but to clarify, they’re only mandated for training camp practices. 

Interesting. Good for practice but not in games. okie dokie NFL

*shrugs*

On 8/14/2022 at 7:16 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Credit to Moss for keeping a good head on his shoulders and coming into camp apparently better than ever after a disappointing sophomore year.  He's the anti Karlos Williams. If he really is better than ever though it could complicate things quite a bit for the back field though. With the way the NFL is though you simply can not pay RB's anything more than the vet minimum. So that means bye bye Motor in 2023 and Moss fits into Motors role in 2023 while Cook hopefully becomes the leading back by snap count in 2023. 

The NFL evidently hasn't gotten your memo since there are currently 31 RB under contract with an AAV north of $2M,

2 more within 10% of that figure. 

Vet minimum for a player with 5 years experience is $1.065M for 2022. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

wow I did not know this. It looks strikingly bigger than the usual helmet. I hope it works as intended.

It's basically a padded shell that fits over the actual helmet, called a "Guardian Cap".

https://nesn.com/2022/07/why-nfl-introduced-new-protective-headgear-during-training-camp/

It's supposed to reduce the impact of collisions by 20% if both players are wearing it.

There was an interview last season with one of the Bills players about wearing it, might have been Dawkins? Anyway, whoever it was seemed to feel it made a noticeable difference.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I remember players were wearing them last year in camp as well...not sure if it was mandated then though.

7 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I remember players were wearing them last year in camp as well...not sure if it was mandated then though.

I think it might have been mandated for OL only last season, this season they expanded it to DL and LB (and perhaps TE if blocking)

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't think it's too spicy of a take to say that our second string defense could hold its own statistically with about half of the defenses in the NFL atm.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.