Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

Credit to Moss for keeping a good head on his shoulders and coming into camp apparently better than ever after a disappointing sophomore year.  He's the anti Karlos Williams. If he really is better than ever though it could complicate things quite a bit for the back field though. With the way the NFL is though you simply can not pay RB's anything more than the vet minimum. So that means bye bye Motor in 2023 and Moss fits into Motors role in 2023 while Cook hopefully becomes the leading back by snap count in 2023. 

• Like (+1) 10

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This just in...young athletic guys with high testosterone who lift weights nonstop year-round are going to have big arms

Other's do pliable workouts, eat avocado ice cream, and thrive at the highest level at the age of 45.  I wonder if Allen should embrace the TB12 method.

Edited by Doc Brown

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If McD plays Josh and the other starters at all, it will probably be this game for the home crowd.

Perhaps.  Just going off last yr tho (only 3 game preseason to compare against), Josh only played some in final game.

I think getting him and other starters "live" action is def a delicate balance,  but I like the idea of 1 quarter (game 2 or 3, not sure it matters much).

I'd like to see Keenum behind the 1st team offensive line for a quarter or so.  Maybe sit Dawkins and see what Quessenberry can do at left tackle.  Other than that, play the same players as the first game.  I don't want Allen, Diggs, Miller, etc... playing until September 8th.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Perhaps.  Just going off last yr tho (only 3 game preseason to compare against), Josh only played some in final game.

I think getting him and other starters "live" action is def a delicate balance,  but I like the idea of 1 quarter (game 2 or 3, not sure it matters much).

That game was at home too wasn't it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think they should give Allen one or two series in front of the home crowd. Kick off the rust a bit and try to avoid another Pitt home opener where the offense looked totally pedestrian.

Under strict no “hero ball” orders.

This is a fallacy. People keep operating under the assumption that an increase in pre-season time automatically resolves "sync" issues. It is not simply:

1. Play Pre-season = Offense Performs week 1

2. Don't play Pre-season = Offense Struggles week 1

There were a lot of things going on last off-season. I harped on here all last season that they were too many distractions going on all off-season long. This feels a lot more like 2020 where they're much more focused. 

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

This is a fallacy. People keep operating under the assumption that an increase in pre-season time automatically resolves "sync" issues. It is not simply:

1. Play Pre-season = Offense Performs week 1

2. Don't play Pre-season = Offense Struggles week 1

There were a lot of things going on last off-season. I harped on here all last season that they were too many distractions going on all off-season long. This feels a lot more like 2020 where they're much more focused. 

Please provide your logic other than "there were a lot of things going on last off-season". I'd argue with the change at OC and Line coach, there are a lot more 'things' going on this off-season than last relative to offensive continuity. Not to mention the hype of being SB favorites. 

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd like to see Keenum behind the 1st team offensive line for a quarter or so.  Maybe sit Dawkins and see what Quessenberry can do at left tackle.  Other than that, play the same players as the first game.  I don't want Allen, Diggs, Miller, etc... playing until September 8th.

I left the first game thinking the opposite.  I want to see Barkley get the first reps over Keenum. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I left the first game thinking the opposite.  I want to see Barkley get the first reps over Keenum. 

I don't like to overreact to one game especially when we have a large sample size of both of their NFL careers as starters at this point.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

I have no idea why, but I thought we were playing the lions next week. Guess it really doesn't matter 

Probably because the Bills seem to play the Lions every preseason...

10 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Josh only played in that third game last preseason, which happened to be the only Bills home game.  I could see Josh and some of the starters getting a series or two this week in the final home preseason game, as long as the OL is ready to go.  It is kid's day on Saturday and with the way he has treated his youngest fans through training camp Josh seems like a guy that would lobby Coach to let him play for the kids.  It used to be that starters would never play the final preseason game because that was when team's were making their final roster decisions...some guys might be going a little harder as they try to secure a roster spot or win a starting job and just no need to subject your star players to that when you know exactly where they are slotting in.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.