How many trades does Beane make the next 3 weeks?

Pete

11 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

It would be great if Beane can pull a few 6th's or 7th's out of the air. Its great trade capitol during the draft when you want to move a few spots. 

He will my fellow Tampan originally and always at heart Buffalonian.

I think we keep maybe 5 CB’s if we know Tre is ready.  A couple will potentially be trade bait like McLoud and Lewis.  I like them, but Bedford and Elam are locks.  Backup safeties is an interesting battle.

These next three weeks will be fun.  One thing I know, In Beane we trust!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nebillzfan said:

I think the shocker is going to Edmunds for roquan. I hate to say this because I think Edmunds is talented but his salary is going to be the dagger. 

You understand Roquan is holding out in order to get a contract extension at a much higher salary, right? So what would happen after the trade? New contract? Be disgruntled here playing on the last year of his contract?   At least Edmunds is with his team at the moment. 

I'm not saying it won't/can't happen. I just don't think there's a lot of cap saving in the first move. And potentially more headaches.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont think (m)any trades happen.

Other teams know the Bills are loaded with talent and will be cutting several decent players. I get that trading locks the player in as opposed to letting them hit free agency, but I think teams will be willing to take that risk and save their assets.

Injuries may open possibilities. Kumerow is one of Rodgers favorites, so we might be able to get a 6 or 7 for him. Duke Johnson also may fetch something. We've got a lot of talent on the D line. Got to be able to get some picks from some team. Holding some hope for a trade or two

What I suspect: Beane isn't out there calling other GMs with spitball trade ideas. I think Beane is only answering the inbound-calls from others. I expect 1 trade, and it won't be a blockbuster.

Sorry, imaginative armchair GMs. I will eat my shorts if Beane makes a big trade.

What can the Bills get for Zack Moss? Is a 3rd within the realm of possibility? The way I’m seeing it is that Singletary is a stud and this James Cook kid is going to be a lot like his brother. And I see that this Blackshear kid may be a diamond in the rough..

Ideally I think that a 3rd would be appropriate for Moss, but maybe a 4th from a bad team.. anything less than that and I walk away. He’s a good player though so I think proper compensation is appropriate.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

What can the Bills get for Zack Moss? Is a 3rd within the realm of possibility? The way I’m seeing it is that Singletary is a stud and this James Cook kid is going to be a lot like his brother. And I see that this Blackshear kid may be a diamond in the rough..

Ideally I think that a 3rd would be appropriate for Moss, but maybe a 4th from a bad team.. anything less than that and I walk away. He’s a good player though so I think proper compensation is appropriate.

I was a big get rid of Moss guy until I watched him this preseason.  He isn't going anywhere & maybe it was that he was injured all of last season.  He stays.  I'd like to see them find a way to keep Blackshear, but it won't be at Moss' expense.  

52 minutes ago, boater said:

What I suspect: Beane isn't out there calling other GMs with spitball trade ideas. I think Beane is only answering the inbound-calls from others. I expect 1 trade, and it won't be a blockbuster.

Sorry, imaginative armchair GMs. I will eat my shorts if Beane makes a big trade.

I can see the all the Giants 3rd day picks going to Buffalo for a bunch of players.  😀 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I was a big get rid of Moss guy until I watched him this preseason.  He isn't going anywhere & maybe it was that he was injured all of last season.  He stays.  I'd like to see them find a way to keep Blackshear, but it won't be at Moss' expense.  

I can see the all the Giants 3rd day picks going to Buffalo for a bunch of players.  😀 

Moss will be on this roster.  Singletary is gone next year in FA.  Moss will have one more year on his rookie contract.  Moss,  Cook and Blackshear will be the RBs next season.  The Bills have identified that they will not pay FA money to RBs.  Moss is here to stay for that simple fact (besides being a good back)

• Like (+1) 2

After a little research here are the preseason trades Beane has made as Bills GM (surplus trade aways in bold):

July 26, 2017: Traded quarterback Cardale Jones to the San Diego Chargers for a 2018 conditional seventh-round pick.

Aug. 11, 2017: Acquired CB E.J. Gaines and a 2018 second-round pick (later traded to Tampa Bay Buccaneers) from the Los Angeles Rams for WR Sammy Watkins and a 2018 sixth-round pick.

Aug. 11, 2017: Acquired WR Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-round pick from the Philadelphia Eagles (No. 96, used to select Harrison Phillips) for CB Ronald Darby.

Aug. 28, 2017: Traded LB Reggie Ragland to the Kansas City Chiefs for a 2019 fourth-round pick.

Sept. 2, 2017: Acquired WR Kealin Clay and a 2019 seventh-round pick from the Carolina Panthers for CB Kevon Seymour.

Aug. 5, 2018: Acquired WR Corey Coleman from the Cleveland Browns for a 2020 seventh-round draft pick.

Sept. 1, 2018: Traded QB AJ McCarron to the Oakland Raiders for a 2019 fifth-round draft pick.

Sept. 25, 2018: Traded T Marshall Newhouse to the Carolina Panthers for a 2021 conditional seventh-round draft pick.

Aug. 29, 2019: Traded OL Wyatt Teller and a seventh-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a fifth-round pick (used later in the Stefon Diggs trade) and a sixth-round pick (No. 188, used to select K Tyler Bass). 

Aug. 30, 2019: Traded OL Russell Bodine to the New England Patriots for a sixth-round pick.

Aug. 30, 2021 Traded DE Darryl Johnson to the Carolina Panthers for a sixth-round pick.

Between Beane's history and the current roster depth it seems that up to 2 trade aways are possible and that 1 is likely.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:57 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

After a little research here are the preseason trades Beane has made as Bills GM (surplus trade aways in bold):

July 26, 2017: Traded quarterback Cardale Jones to the San Diego Chargers for a 2018 conditional seventh-round pick.

Aug. 11, 2017: Acquired CB E.J. Gaines and a 2018 second-round pick (later traded to Tampa Bay Buccaneers) from the Los Angeles Rams for WR Sammy Watkins and a 2018 sixth-round pick.

Aug. 11, 2017: Acquired WR Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-round pick from the Philadelphia Eagles (No. 96, used to select Harrison Phillips) for CB Ronald Darby.

Aug. 28, 2017: Traded LB Reggie Ragland to the Kansas City Chiefs for a 2019 fourth-round pick.

Sept. 2, 2017: Acquired WR Kealin Clay and a 2019 seventh-round pick from the Carolina Panthers for CB Kevon Seymour.

Aug. 5, 2018: Acquired WR Corey Coleman from the Cleveland Browns for a 2020 seventh-round draft pick.

Sept. 1, 2018: Traded QB AJ McCarron to the Oakland Raiders for a 2019 fifth-round draft pick.

Sept. 25, 2018: Traded T Marshall Newhouse to the Carolina Panthers for a 2021 conditional seventh-round draft pick.

Aug. 29, 2019: Traded OL Wyatt Teller and a seventh-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a fifth-round pick (used later in the Stefon Diggs trade) and a sixth-round pick (No. 188, used to select K Tyler Bass). 

Aug. 30, 2019: Traded OL Russell Bodine to the New England Patriots for a sixth-round pick.

Aug. 30, 2021 Traded DE Darryl Johnson to the Carolina Panthers for a sixth-round pick.

Between Beane's history and the current roster depth it seems that up to 2 trade aways are possible and that 1 is likely.

As I stated in this thread, 2 trade aways are possible and 1 is likely. 

Update:

Aug. 22, 2022 Traded OL Cody Ford to the Arizona Cardinals for a fifth-round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

Guys who could get cut but have some trade value:

Ford 

Kumerow 

Epenesa 

Giles-Harris 

Duke Johnson

Epenesa isn't going anywhere. He'll be our 1st DE off the bench. He's had a good camp and preseason so far.

Beane doesn't know what deals he might make yet. Often, deals happen very quickly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:06 AM, Bronxbomber21 said:

Ford for a 5th or 6th I can see Aj E. Getting traded because the dline is crazy deep and maybe a running back like Moss because there deep at running back with Singletary, Cook, Blackshear and even Duke. I can see Blackshear taking the goal line snaps if Moss is moved.

Your first guess was spot on.  I don't think the others will happen though.

On 8/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

one down.  I put the over/under at 3.  Then Id bet the over

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, The Dean said:

You understand Roquan is holding out in order to get a contract extension at a much higher salary, right? So what would happen after the trade? New contract? Be disgruntled here playing on the last year of his contract?   At least Edmunds is with his team at the moment. 

Not to mention that Roquan Smith couldn't cover The Dean with a hangover and would be a gawdawful fit for how the Bills use their LB's. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.