How many trades does Beane make the next 3 weeks?

Pete

On 8/14/2022 at 2:10 PM, Pete said:

Imo Beane makes several deals.  The Bills roster is too deep.  There will be a feeding frenzy on Bills cuts.  So Beane gets something instead of just gifting players to the league.

Cody Ford, Haack, Crowder….there are many potential players traded because of numbers game

what other Bill do you think might get traded?

I dont think (m)any trades happen.

Other teams know the Bills are loaded with talent and will be cutting several decent players. I get that trading locks the player in as opposed to letting them hit free agency, but I think teams will be willing to take that risk and save their assets.

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Why do people think we would cut Espenesa?!?! He is on his rookie deal. Keep him cheap and let him go and someone will sign him and it "will count towards" our compensatory picks.

Comp picks only count for free agents lost. If they cut him while still on his rookie deal there is no compensatory pick. 

My guess is no trades.

Going into camp I thought they would trade Epenesa but sounds like he is outplaying Lawson for the last DE spot. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Comp picks only count for free agents lost. If they cut him while still on his rookie deal there is no compensatory pick. 

My guess is no trades.

Going into camp I thought they would trade Epenesa but sounds like he is outplaying Lawson for the last DE spot. 

Exactly my point.  He plays out his rookie contract....some team grabs him for a mid range free agent and Buffalo gets a + in the formula.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, Niagara Dude said:

No one wants Ford ,  he was and still is a major bust. As for trades,  unless you're planning on trading Mckenzie who is pretty good there is no one of great value that is bringing any draft capital back.  

Crowder was a free agent and Haack was terrible last season when he had to punt

Hack is the “Punt Dog”. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s why I said highly doubtful.

I’d never say never on trading a marginal player.  He has 2 years left on his deal.  We play a system that doesn’t require great corners. We have Tre, elam, Benford and Neal.  Cam Lewis has played well.  If McB thinks highly of Lewis, Benford and Neal, I don’t see why they wouldn’t at least entertain the thought of trading him….. for the right price. If someone came knocking with a 4th rd pick, I wouldn’t be shocked. 

again… highly doubtful.  He’s a decent player but he isn’t that good where they may prefer trading him and getting picks as opposed to cutting Lewis and getting nothing. Jmo

Disagree completely on Dane.  He's obviously better than "decent", to earn a non-dress status for preseason game 1.

I'm hoping Tre is ready week 1 just as much as everyone else, but we aren't trading the 1 player who has been in the system for 2 years (Dane)...and rolling with 2 rookies against the defending SB Champs. 

Benford is a great find, but I think he's going to be a weekly inactive (once Tre is healthy).

The way it's looking Crowder & Johnson could be possibilities to get rid of the money they may have to give them if they are cut Johnson maybe not as much but if Crowder already being hurt given his injury history i could see Beane working a deal with say the Giants ...

Let me preface this by saying I don’t agree with this, but I was talking with my brother the other day and he brought up a really interesting point-in terms of trade value, McKenzie would probably get the most in return. They could roll with Crowder to begin the year, and if Shakir continues to develop maybe he is the starter by the end of the year.

I really like McKenzie, he loves Buffalo, Josh loves him, I don’t believe he would be traded, but he’s definitely an interesting name to bring up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.