How many trades does Beane make the next 3 weeks?

Pete

It felt to me like Moss, AJ, and Ford were all on display to potential trade partners.  

Crowder felt like he was out their fighting for a roster spot.  I could be wrong, but with so few available positions and salary cap, those are all guys who could save us a couple hundred thousand-mil if released/traded.  

I think Boogie and AJ are fighting for the same spot, with the Boogie in the lead right now. Moss is a numbers game.  Ford is….well, Ford 

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I could see a team sending us a 5th-6th rounder for Mckenzie based on his game against the Pats. Not sure anyone needs or wants Crowder

this is why i dont want to trade any of these guys. would rather ride them out through preseason to make sure theres no sign of life under new staff or TC. see miles teller, wyatt.

epen got jerked around with covid, no tc that year, body change. we need to see that project through, cut after pre season if needed. wtf is a 6th going to do for  a SB year?

ford- id like him to have more than a month of kromer.

i wouldnt take a 3rd for mckenzie, let alone 6th

dane? no. cam lewis no. 

crowder, sure. hodgins would suck but would understand it if theyre dead set on kumreow on st's or whatever... but again id rather give him serious time in preseason first

2 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Dane Jackson the starting CB on a 7th round rookie contract? No chance. 

That’s why I said highly doubtful.

I’d never say never on trading a marginal player.  He has 2 years left on his deal.  We play a system that doesn’t require great corners. We have Tre, elam, Benford and Neal.  Cam Lewis has played well.  If McB thinks highly of Lewis, Benford and Neal, I don’t see why they wouldn’t at least entertain the thought of trading him….. for the right price. If someone came knocking with a 4th rd pick, I wouldn’t be shocked. 

again… highly doubtful.  He’s a decent player but he isn’t that good where they may prefer trading him and getting picks as opposed to cutting Lewis and getting nothing. Jmo

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

this is why i dont want to trade any of these guys. would rather ride them out through preseason to make sure theres no sign of life under new staff or TC. see miles teller, wyatt.

epen got jerked around with covid, no tc that year, body change. we need to see that project through, cut after pre season if needed. wtf is a 6th going to do for  a SB year?

ford- id like him to have more than a month of kromer.

i wouldnt take a 3rd for mckenzie, let alone 6th

dane? no. cam lewis no. 

crowder, sure. hodgins would suck but would understand it if theyre dead set on kumreow on st's or whatever... but again id rather give him serious time in preseason first

I would take a 3rd for Mckenzie and so would they Bills,  trade him and then sign OJB

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

It felt to me like Moss, AJ, and Ford were all on display to potential trade partners.  

Crowder felt like he was out their fighting for a roster spot.  I could be wrong, but with so few available positions and salary cap, those are all guys who could save us a couple hundred thousand-mil if released/traded.  

I think Boogie and AJ are fighting for the same spot, with the Boogie in the lead right now. Moss is a numbers game.  Ford is….well, Ford 

I think they will keep Singletary, Moss,  Cook and Blackshear.   Taiwan Jones will be cut. 

Singletary will be gone at the end of this year as he will become a FA.  they have Moss for two more seasons (including this season) at the rookie contract.  

I think Boogie and AJ both make the team.

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think they will keep Singletary, Moss,  Cook and Blackshear.   Taiwan Jones will be cut. 

Singletary will be gone at the end of this year as he will become a FA.  they have Moss for two more seasons (including this season) at the rookie contract.  

I think Boogie and AJ both make the team.

I could see Moss traded, Blackshear on the practice squad, with Motor, Cook, and Jones as our starters.  Jones always makes it due to special teams.  Blackshear could be called up at any time to start, or be our number 4.  Motor could potentially be re-signed, but I agree it's doubtful. 

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don't think Ford did much for his trade value when he single handedly blew up the James Cook run on the series that went 3 and out.   

Ford could potentially bring back a late round pick due to his draft profile and the general desperation every NFL team has for OL depth. 

That's really it, imo.  There are so many good WR's that Hodgins & Crowder would get added to a 53, but I don't know that anyone is trading anything for them.  

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think Ford did much for his trade value when he single handedly blew up the James Cook run on the series that went 3 and out.   

Oh, I don't think we'd get offered more than a bag of rocks, but I still think he could be getting displayed just in case

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Pete said:

Imo Beane makes several deals.  The Bills roster is too deep.  There will be a feeding frenzy on Bills cuts.  So Beane gets something instead of just gifting players to the league.

Cody Ford, Haack, Crowder….there are many potential players traded because of numbers game

what other Bill do you think might get traded?

I'm more interested in whom he extends.  Every summer there's an announcement.   Edmunds, Poyer, Oliver are the likely candidates.

Bills need help at OL and DB, but it's more likely they just dump Hodgins/Kumerow/Ford/Sweeney/DJ for a 7th.

30 minutes ago, babulator said:

Is Shaq even going to make the team? He's probably #1 on the list, him or Crowder.

Hopefully not. Would like to see Bryant or Love earn a DL spot.

Why do some people insist on the narrative that teams won’t trade for players they know will get cut. Simply not true! A cut player will have to fall to them on waivers or choose their team. Why wouldn’t they part with a late round pick to ensure they get their guy???

• Agree 1

He'd love to make 2 or 3, but I'd set the over/under @ .5 with juice on the over. I think there will be 1 trade, likely one of our OL for a late round swap of picks. We get their 5th, they get an OL and our 6th ...... type of deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.