How many trades does Beane make the next 3 weeks?

Pete

Did Beane make one last year? I don’t recall if he did but I didn’t think so. 

As for guys I think he could:

Cody Ford: 6th rounder but prob too valuable as a backup to move for that price 

Zack Moss: 5th or 6th: Again not sure Beane is ready to make this move so I don’t see it necessarily. 

Shaq Lawson: 7th rounder. I know he’s a fan favorite but he’s squarely on the roster bubble and if the Bills can get some value than why not. 

Cam Lewis: 6th or 7th rounder. I think another guy the Bills would like to hold onto. The Bills have a lot of CBS this year and not sure if Lewis fits in. He has a lot of tape in real games that can be intriguing but with White, Jackson, Elam, Benford, Johnson, and Neal I don’t really see where he can fit in. 

Any other Olineman: Greg Van Roten, Mancz that’s a veteran. 

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Zack Moss: 5th or 6th: Again not sure Beane is ready to make this move so I don’t see it necessarily. 

Shaq Lawson: 7th rounder. I know he’s a fan favorite but he’s squarely on the roster bubble and if the Bills can get some value than why not. 

Cam Lewis: 6th or 7th rounder. I think another guy the Bills would like to hold onto. The Bills have a lot of CBS this year and not sure if Lewis fits in. He has a lot of tape in real games that can be intriguing but with White, Jackson, Elam, Benford, Johnson, and Neal I don’t really see where he can fit in. 

Traded DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina last year for a pick.  I think it was a 6th rd

• Like (+1) 1

I think he’ll pull off one trade.  Crowder, Haack, Kumerow, Duke, Hodgins, Ford, Van Roten.  

Highly doubtful, but maybe even Dane if Tre is somehow back for week 1 and elam and Benford continue to shine.  Cam Lewis could then stick if they wanted to go with 6 corners.  

Lots of options with such a talented roster.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Guys who could get cut but have some trade value:

Ford 

Kumerow 

Epenesa 

Giles-Harris 

Duke Johnson

Why do people think we would cut Espenesa?!?! He is on his rookie deal. Keep him cheap and let him go and someone will sign him and it "will count towards" our compensatory picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

Who is going to trade anything -- literally anything -- for Matt Haack?  No offense to the guy or anything, but he's a punter and there are football fans in rural Malaysia who know that we are going to release him.

Some who does wants to make sure they get him might trade for him. Once he is cut, he is a free agent. 

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

Zero?

Like when Belichick knew Russell Bodine wouldn't make the team so he still insisted to trade a 6th round pick for him? 😎

Exactly. A trade guarantees a team gets the player, instead of having to compete with other teams. A trade is never out of question with Beane, especially when we have good depth. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Imo Beane makes several deals.  The Bills roster is too deep.  There will be a feeding frenzy on Bills cuts.  So Beane gets something instead of just gifting players to the league.

Cody Ford, Haack, Crowder….there are many potential players traded because of numbers game

what other Bill do you think might get traded?

No one wants Ford ,  he was and still is a major bust. As for trades,  unless you're planning on trading Mckenzie who is pretty good there is no one of great value that is bringing any draft capital back.  

Crowder was a free agent and Haack was terrible last season when he had to punt

I think Crowder is by far the best bet to be traded. The only way to get out of his fully guaranteed contract is to trade him and there are a bunch of teams that are pretty weak at WR. He's a proven vet that will work through his current struggles and would be valuable to keep. That said, he's clearly not required based on how McKenzie, Shakir & Hodgins have all delivered. It will come down to if Beane has a way to keep 7 WR's without losing another player he really covets (Spector). I think they'll want to keep 3 TE's and the numbers at the other offensive positions are pretty straight forward. That means if they keep 7 WR's, the extra spot will probably need to be taken from the defense. Going with only 5 LB's while Smith is suspended or cutting Shaq and going with 4 DE's are 2 possibilities, but my guess is they would rather stay with 6 WR's with Kumerow or Crowder being the odd man out. Crowder's contract is not huge, which could help the trade possibilities, but they're also not in a position to eat the $3m in cap space by cutting him.

• Like (+1) 1

I can see Beane at least trying to trade Haack.  

McDermott just commented:

McDermott on Araiza 82 yarder: "Don't want to dismiss it... but it's just one punt. Thought Haack did a good job on his punt. Both did well."

good chance he’s giving Haack a chance to show what he’s got.  No way we keep both of them.

Just now, Flipnmi said:

I think Crowder is by far the best bet to be traded. The only way to get out of his fully guaranteed contract is to trade him and there are a bunch of teams that are pretty weak at WR. He's a proven vet that will work through his current struggles and would be valuable to keep. That said, he's clearly not required based on how McKenzie, Shakir & Hodgins have all delivered. It will come down to if Beane has a way to keep 7 WR's without losing another player he really covets (Spector). I think they'll want to keep 3 TE's and the numbers at the other offensive positions are pretty straight forward. That means if they keep 7 WR's, the extra spot will probably need to be taken from the defense. Going with only 5 LB's while Smith is suspended or cutting Shaq and going with 4 DE's are 2 possibilities, but my guess is they would rather stay with 6 WR's with Kumerow or Crowder being the odd man out. Crowder's contract is not huge, which could help the trade possibilities, but they're also not in a position to eat the $3m in cap space by cutting him.

I could see a team sending us a 5th-6th rounder for Mckenzie based on his game against the Pats. Not sure anyone needs or wants Crowder

40 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Why do people think we would cut Espenesa?!?! He is on his rookie deal. Keep him cheap and let him go and someone will sign him and it "will count towards" our compensatory picks.

The only reason he's still on the roster is because he was a 2nd round pick. He has been absolutely invisible and he's been outplayed by Boogie Basham, who should get more reps.

• Disagree 3

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Imo Beane makes several deals.  The Bills roster is too deep.  There will be a feeding frenzy on Bills cuts.  So Beane gets something instead of just gifting players to the league.

Cody Ford, Haack, Crowder….there are many potential players traded because of numbers game

what other Bill do you think might get traded?

Poyer?

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I have heard next to nothing about Lawson this summer. Is this the year for Mike Love?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ford you might get a 6th rounder lol

Haack will get you a bag of kettle corn 

You might be right, but we all know how much Beane likes those late round picks as chips to trade up a bit to get that one guy they really like. I trust him to work a little wizardry to pick up some extra late round picks in return for guys who just won’t make our roster. Even if we are going to cut a guy, the only way you can guarantee getting him is to trade for him first. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.