How many trades does Beane make the next 3 weeks?

Pete

Imo Beane makes several deals.  The Bills roster is too deep.  There will be a feeding frenzy on Bills cuts.  So Beane gets something instead of just gifting players to the league.

Cody Ford, Haack, Crowder….there are many potential players traded because of numbers game

what other Bill do you think might get traded?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Guys who could get cut but have some trade value:

Ford 

Kumerow 

Epenesa 

Giles-Harris 

Duke Johnson

I'd be shocked if Kumerow or Duke could fetch a draft pick, even with Beanes prowess.

Ford is competing with VanRoten.  I think Cody makes it as our 9th.

AJ is making this team, can't see a situation we want Shaq as our 4th DE.  Epenesa played fairly well last night, think he is our 4th DE and makes it.

Giles Harris is a definitely a good call out.  I think he's on the bubble, between him/Dodson/Spector.  Thought he played well, but I could see Beane getting a late pick for him (if we don't keep him).

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Imo Beane makes several deals.  The Bills roster is too deep.  There will be a feeding frenzy on Bills cuts.  So Beane gets something instead of just gifting players to the league.

Cody Ford, Haack, Crowder….there are many potential players traded because of numbers game

The Bills sat their starting 5 oline plus their 2 top reserve oline guys - Quessenberry and Mancz.  Ford and Hart played only the first quarter yesterday at both guard spots.  I think Doyle is OT4 and the battle for OG4 is Ford and Hart.  As of now, I think Ford makes the team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Zero. A deep roster doesn't necessarily make it easier to trade guys when teams know you might actually be cutting two decent guys or putting good players on your practice squad. 

(Side note: Wildgoose has a great pre-season game for the Jets)

Zero?

Like when Belichick knew Russell Bodine wouldn't make the team so he still insisted to trade a 6th round pick for him? 😎

Edited by syhuang
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think he would be the first GM ever to trade a punter if he did that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ford you might get a 6th rounder lol

Haack will get you a bag of kettle corn 

A 6th is not "lol" for someone who hasn't performed, it's better than cutting him.  But yeah as for Haack, he had one of the lowest net punt averages last year (a really good offense probably didn't help on that front), so I don't see teams lining up to trade for him.  You can get at least something for a mediocre player if they are at a position of desperate need, but mediocre punters are not desperately needed when a street signing will often do.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

A 6th is not "lol" for someone who hasn't performed, it's better than cutting him.  But yeah as for Haack, he had one of the lowest net punt averages last year (a really good offense probably didn't help on that front), so I don't see teams lining up to trade for him.  You can get at least something for a mediocre player if they are at a position of desperate need, but mediocre punters are not desperately needed when a street signing will often do.

It’s an lol Because we traded up into the second round to grab a terrible lineman

And that’s a might… A bad GM who never watched any tape might give that up

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Zero?

Like when Belichick knew Russell Bodine wouldn't make the team so he still insisted to trade a 6th round pick for him? 😎

It's not like I'm etching Zero in stone. He could certainly find a team who wants somebody and will toss a 6th or 7th for them. The point is people on here get dumb and expect Beane can just force trades for players because he wants to and it's not simply a situation of xx would be better than xx on xx team. 

There will be people on here getting all uppity because the Bills cut a guy "when they could have at least gotten a 7th from SOMEBODY for him."

10 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'd be shocked if Kumerow or Duke could fetch a draft pick, even with Beanes prowess.

Aaron Rodgers got his GM to trade a pick for Randall Cobb last year. After trading away Davonte Adams, Aaron might cry until his team trades a 7th to reunite him with Kumerow. I almost put Moss instead of Duke, but after yesterday I think Moss looked good enough to stick around.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Aaron Rodgers got his GM to trade a pick for Randall Cobb last year. After trading away Davonte Adams, Aaron might cry until his team trades a 7th to reunite him with Kumerow. I almost put Moss instead of Duke, but after yesterday I think Moss looked good enough to stick around.

Cobb has had a very good career, 600 receptions, over 50 TD's, Kumerow really hasn't done anything as a WR. He's a special teams player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.