Bills Cutdowns (update - down to 80)

YoloinOhio

On 8/14/2022 at 1:01 PM, Warcodered said:

Did Haack survive cutdowns, because we're going to pretend like that's still a realistic possibility.

According to Ariza, Haack being there is helping him.   Haack is competing and mentoring, something that will gain him respect with McD and staff.  

I think Haack stays another week and then, barring anything weird in the next game, he gets cut in time to help him catch on with another team.  

• Like (+1) 2

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills release 4 players (update - now 6, down to 84)
1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

According to Ariza, Haack being there is helping him.   Haack is competing and mentoring, something that will gain him respect with McD and staff.  

I think Haack stays another week and then, barring anything weird in the next game, he gets cut in time to help him catch on with another team.  

Also keeps Ariaza from kicking too much in practice and potentially straining his leg.  Can recall in past sometimes bringing in another kicker just so not asking starter to kick too much.

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

I believe they can, but they would have to pay him…doesn’t make sense to do that

It doesn’t if you want him in the room ASAP so that he can learn the playbook. Learn the facility. Be around his team mates. And to make sure your doctors and staff are making sure he is getting all the attention he needs to recover as quickly as possible. 

On 8/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, gonzo1105 said:

You knew Wydermeyer was toast when he didn’t get in at all and they put OJ Howard in at the end. I wonder if Wydermeyer refused to go in near the end of the game. A stretch but he has been known to have character concerns 

I thought he did get in for a bit

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, Big Turk said:

As he is walking out he sings to himself...

"I'm gettin' jacked, I'm breakin' myself

I can't believe they takin' Olijah's wealth

They took my rings, they took my spot too

I looked at McDermott, said "Damn, that's doo doo!"

Schoen got my homie scooped up down in Jersey town

Can't help but eat our leftovers straight pound-for-pound

G-Men 'all come up real quick with that Mongo clown

I best frustrate Tyrod and knock his passes down

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I wonder if Tre is coming back soon

Tre' is on PUP currently along with Boettger.

He is already counted in that 84 guys on the roster (that's the NFL rule on PUP) and could be activated at any time.

2 hours ago, Georgie said:

Aren't they at 83? I thought the roster was at 89. Then -4 and -2

This might help

Now after 2 more cuts they're at 84.

Sal C is a useful follow for the overall roster picture.  He doesn't update instantaneously, but he takes some pains to get it right.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Imagine what it must be like when the coaches can’t decide between the 2 so they just cut them both 😬

Spector and Giles-Harris are going to get a lot of work in the next 2 games along with Smith and Bernard.

I'm scared to say this, but Giles-Harris is also very good on ST.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Bills do not have an assistant coach with experience in kicking.  Maybe they will make him an assistant coach which would pay more than veteran on PS.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:05 PM, Haslett_Stomp said:

It seemed like he took a long time to get the punt off, which won't take opponents long to figure out.

It is a trick.  He will warp time in cases when he needs to make a punt fast.

Edited by Limeaid
Dreaded duplicate post issue.

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Schoen got my homie scooped up down in Jersey town

Can't help but eat our leftovers straight pound-for-pound

G-Men 'all come up real quick with that Mongo clown

I best frustrate Tyrod and knock his passes down

McDermott:

Just hit the first game against Indy

On a mission tryin' to find Mr. consistency

Seen a whole lot a ballers, ain't no need to keep 

A corner on the roster who can't cover deep

And if you know what I knoooowwww...

Just tryin' to get better every day...(clap clap clap)

And if you can't make a plaaaaaayyyyyy...

Then Me and Beane will have to regulate...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, H2o said:

I'm not really. He is extremely limited athletically and we have guys remaining that are better suited for the offense. 

Agreed.  He is really slow by NFL standards.  Huge long shot to make any NFL team, let alone a good team that will likely keep only 2 or max TEs

On random thought - I've noticed that Marquel Lee left us with $252.000 dead cap, since he had that much in guaranteed money.

That seems interesting to me. Do you guys think that Beane had thought (when he signed him) that he had any chance to make the roster? Or it was not possible to sign camp body for less guaranteed (and thus wasted) money?

Just for some comparison, Duke Johnson got $377,500, Greg Mancz 352,500, Van Rotten and Lawson 152,500, Bobby Hart got $25,000.

Looking at these numbers, I'd say all of these guys had better chance to make the roster at the time of signing than Lee. 

To be clear, I love Beane and this is just minor issue. I am just interested in hearing some thoughts.

Do you think Lee had a roster shot or it was not possible to obtain fringe player like him for less guaranteed?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.