Bills Cutdowns (update - down to 80)

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

OL Derek Kerstetter

OL Jordan Simmons
CB Olajiah Griffin
TE Jalen Wydermayer

Wydermayer seemed to be a TE who was good at blocking.  They may have released him early hoping to sign him to PS.

I wrote it as a guess before Chandler posted who was actually released...

27 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, the way preseason is set up now, teams have to cut 5 players after the first preseason game to get down to 85 players, 10 after the 2nd game to get to 75 and the remaining 22 after the 3rd game to get to the 53 man roster

The NFL changed the 75 cutdown to 80.  From what I read having only 75 for the last preseason game forced some teams to play

guys they would have rather sat.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2022-23-important-nfl-dates/

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

You knew Wydermeyer was toast when he didn’t get in at all and they put OJ Howard in at the end. I wonder if Wydermeyer refused to go in near the end of the game. A stretch but he has been known to have character concerns 

I saw Jalen in the game a few times in the 2nd half. But was a ghost. Aside from that one Morris catch all the TEs were no shows.

25 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The NFL changed the 75 cutdown to 80.  From what I read having only 75 for the last preseason game forced some teams to play

guys they would have rather sat.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2022-23-important-nfl-dates/

Sal Cappacio said the other day on the radio that they had to be at 75 after game 2. He might have been mistaken but that's what I went by

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

One punt does not make a punter, Punt God has to prove himself during the preseason.

Can you imagine if the Bills cut Araiza and kept Haack. 😂 Pretty sure that’s a competition in name only at thins point.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Can you imagine if the Bills cut Araiza and kept Haack. 😂 Pretty sure that’s a competition in name only at thins point.

Haack probably is staying for insurance the next week to 2.  Araiza could strain a muscle and there still is a pretty tight PR competition going on.

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

You knew Wydermeyer was toast when he didn’t get in at all and they put OJ Howard in at the end. I wonder if Wydermeyer refused to go in near the end of the game. A stretch but he has been known to have character concerns 

Except he WAS on the field right next to player who scored.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills release 4 players
2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Kinda surprised about Wydermyer. I was hoping we can get something out of him. He was deemed as 2nd round prospect a year ago. Something went really wrong with him.

yeah I checked his draft card with D Brugler (the Beast)...he went undrafted, is slow-footed, runs a 5.1 40-time, must not have shown separation, blocking skills, improvement, etc

Edited by First Round Bust

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.