Bills Cutdowns (update - down to 80)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Kinda surprised about Wydermyer. I was hoping we can get something out of him. He was deemed as 2nd round prospect a year ago. Something went really wrong with him.

Quinton Morris is better and can play Hback.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills release 5 players
21 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Kinda surprised about Wydermyer. I was hoping we can get something out of him. He was deemed as 2nd round prospect a year ago. Something went really wrong with him.

First , Pundit’s  deemed him an early round Prospect… not scouts 

Secondly, As a pure football player he might have talent… But you need to have a certain level of  athleticism to play in the NFL

He is just way too slow And not explosive enough… There’s tons of amazing college players who aren’t built for the Pros

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, BTB said:

A bit of a stretch.  If this is true, he will be scooped up, make a 53 man roster, and be part of a teams dime package. 

He's not saying Griffin is that good, he's saying we used to have rosters so bad that even a lesser player like Griffin would make the team.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

You knew Wydermeyer was toast when he didn’t get in at all and they put OJ Howard in at the end. I wonder if Wydermeyer refused to go in near the end of the game. A stretch but he has been known to have character concerns 

Was thinking  I seen him playing g at o e point anyways when they were I side the ten, #84 I believe however could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They're cutting already? 

Yeah, the way preseason is set up now, teams have to cut 5 players after the first preseason game to get down to 85 players, 10 after the 2nd game to get to 75 and the remaining 22 after the 3rd game to get to the 53 man roster

Edited by Buffalo03

31 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I'm not really. He is extremely limited athletically and we have guys remaining that are better suited for the offense. 

15 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

@YoloinOhio Who is the 5th guy? There are only 4 in OP (and in this thread).

14 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I believe they have until Tuesday to cut/release 1 more player (or reach an injury settlement).

OP counted Griffin twice.  The solo mention + being included in the block of 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So who are the other four?

OL Simmons, WR Gentry, DT Joseph, CB Ingram?

OL Derek Kerstetter

OL Jordan Simmons
CB Olajiah Griffin
TE Jalen Wydermayer

Wydermayer seemed to be a TE who was good at blocking.  They may have released him early hoping to sign him to PS.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.