This Aqib Talib story...

Bermuda Triangle

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Because a lot of parents view their kid as a lottery ticket.   I coach JV Football and I hear parents screaming from the sidelines to put their kid in or freaking out over play calls.   Meanwhile they cant get their kid to practice on time or send them with the proper equipment.    They think their kids perceived talent entitles them to playing time, even when they don't make it to practice or study their playbooks.

Entitlement. 

I hear ya.  That is a time detested thing with kids sports. 

But it is an entirely different level to bring a gun to a kid's game, get involved in a melee and then shoot someone dead over a bad call or my son was stapled to the bench frustration.

Edited by wjag
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:09 PM, NoSaint said:

I for one don’t understand how people ended up so high strung and confrontational 

In the video or in this thread?

Serious question.

Edit: just saw FireChans asked already.

Edited by Dopey

I coached the past 10 years for my local youth football league, and we had a coach fight incident a few years ago at a game of 9-10 year olds. 2 opposing coaches got into it in the handshake line after a game & started swinging. It turned into a brawl at midfield with several coaches & at least 1 parent throwing punches & kicking guys on the ground. Everyone involved was banned from the league. It was in the local news & treated as the worst possible thing that could happen at a youth football game. Apparently it could've been much worse.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:54 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

Yes, instead of spending the time to whine about the thread, search out the information for yourself.

Except if everyone posted like you, this message board wouldn't exist... 

It'd be all "That Bills News Today - Google it"

Why even come to the board at all? 

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Except if everyone posted like you, this message board wouldn't exist... 

It'd be all "That Bills News Today - Google it"

Why even come to the board at all? 

Let's settle this like the Talib bros. 

One of you gets a gun, the other gets surprised.😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.