This Aqib Talib story...

Bermuda Triangle

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

So, you read through the thread, learned what the story was about, and felt the need to admonish me on numerous occasions for not doing my "work" (on a football message board, lol).  Got it.

Enjoy your Sunday!

look, not going to go back and forth on this - if you don’t understand the reason why I and others called you out for this, here it is: no one wants unfounded and unproven gossip/rumor polluting the board, especially when it involves something as serious as this. So yes it’s a good idea to provide a link to source it.  If you don’t wanna do that (because it’s just a message board, or something), go ahead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

So, you read through the thread, learned what the story was about, and felt the need to admonish me on numerous occasions for not doing my "work" (on a football message board, lol).  Got it.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Not jumping on you, as you may not have been posting for long enough to get the hang of how things tend to work around here. But if you pay attention you will see that threads started by the "better", "more experienced" posters tend to to include the relevent information/context/links to make it easy for the community members to quickly catch on to what's being discussed. Perhaps you've seen the moderator comment (Vague Thread Title) from time to time when someone uses only a name as a thread title. Even in the thread title more information isnthe default expectation.

So it seems a bit odd that you call others lazy, when you didn't bother to do the basics of what is expected and traditional for this forum. Perhaps instead of getting into a pissing contest with those who point out what is missing in your original post, you could have just promised to do better next time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

look, not going to go back and forth on this - if you don’t understand the reason why I and others called you out for this, here it is: no one wants unfounded and unproven gossip/rumor polluting the board, especially when it involves something as serious as this. So yes it’s a good idea to provide a link to source it.  If you don’t wanna do that (because it’s just a message board, or something), go ahead.

There’s a sweet irony in declaring you won’t go back and forth in your fourth post back and forth 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

No comment on the story , but  wondering what is a "reputable "news outlet..

I think Allbright is pretty reputable, since he reports on the NFL and included a press release in his tweet. from the city in which the incident happened.

more reputable than providing absolutely no source…

29 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

No comment on the story , but  wondering what is a "reputable "news outlet..

It really isn't that hard to figure out, is it?  The OP, @Bermuda Triangle, made a thread insinuating Talib was involved in killing a youth football coach.

You know, punch the name "Aqib Talib"into a little known search engine called Google and nothing comes up mentioning Talib involved in murder.

Complicated stuff I know but I hope that explains it to you.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

It really isn't that hard to figure out, is it?  The OP, @Bermuda Triangle, made a thread insinuating Talib was involved in killing a youth football coach.

You know, punch the name "Aqib Talib"into a little known search engine called Google and nothing comes up mentioning Talib involved in murder.

Complicated stuff I know but I hope that explains it to you.

Huh? Oh OK..Google .. 

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Thugs gonna thug, right?

Shameful. It’s Youth football, not that adult football would make a difference; but the idea that you can role model a better life for children seems lost on these fools. Hopefully, justice is served, but you know, he’s got millions and is a former “star”, so it won’t. 

I played in a flag football league for a while and there was a team of thugs from the inner city that got into a fight with themselves during a playoff game...it was like a bench clearing brawl but only their own team as we just stood on the field with the refs and watched incredulously.

Not sure what it was over but we were trouncing them like 28-6 with a few minutes to go and I think the one guy was pissed because he wouldn't let him play QB and the other dude kept throwing INTs

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I for one don’t understand how people ended up so high strung and confrontational 

I admit to getting worked up early in my kids’ youth sports days. I remember yelling at the college age son of the guy who owned/ran the rec hoops league in town. I’m ashamed of it now, but he would let kids double dribble and travel all over the court, but he’d blow the whistle if my kid did it. Looking back, my kid knew what he was doing (thanks to his older brother and his friends) and the other kids were clueless just trying chase the ball they had no control over. My kid screwed up, picked up his dribble, knew he was trapped and tried to get away with putting it on the floor again. The whistle blew, and I went ballistic. NOT my finest moment screaming at a teenager. He knew my kid knew better, so in retrospect he did the right thing. It WAS a double standard, but the kids were at different levels. 

At some point I saw how ridiculous my behavior was and became the model parent. That was not the example I wanted to set. Once I changed my mindset I became embarrassed for other adults, including the 40-something year old man/dad/coach my son had to eject while a high schooler reffing rec league games. He got his 2nd T, and I’m sure he deserved it! 

There was an AAU hoops tournament in Miami where the ref stopped the game and would not continue until the police were in the gym. I wish the refs in this case had been able to do the same.  Very sad, for everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.