This year’s (2022) draft may turn out to be shockingly good

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Weird that the draft assessment you posted above doesn't include Greg Rousseau or Boogie Basham.

For a point of comparison the 2016 draft was the last one not done by this regime:

1st Round Shaq Lawson

2nd Round Reggie Ragland

3rd Round Adolphus Washington

4th Round Cardale Jones

5th Round Jonathan Williams

6th Round Colby Listenbee

6th Round Kevon Seymour

Do you have an opinion about how this team has drafted under the new regime?

Literally the first link is the 2021 draft.....

For a point of comparison, this is the list of players drafted in 2016 that were retained in 2016 (similar to what would happen if all of the rookies from 2022 made the team or weren't outright cut).

1st Round Shaq Lawson

2nd Round Reggie Ragland

4th Round Cardale Jones

6th Round Kevon Seymour

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Literally the first link is the 2021 draft.....

For a point of comparison, this is the list of players drafted in 2016 that were retained in 2016 (similar to what would happen if all of the rookies from 2022 made the team or weren't outright cut).

1st Round Shaq Lawson

2nd Round Reggie Ragland

4th Round Cardale Jones

6th Round Kevon Seymour

You'll have to fix your link then. Even cut and pasted it doesn't work.

Regardless, you didn't answer the question.

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

My point was easily made.  In 2016, even with all those bums, they all hung around that year. Because that's the NFL economy.

And yes, clearly Beane is infinitely better than the greatest bum of them all, Whaley.

1 hour ago, RoscoeParrish said:

But in all honesty, I think Da’Rick Rogers has the chance to be something special. 

He's no Sills V

29 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Weird that the draft assessment you posted above doesn't include Greg Rousseau or Boogie Basham.

For a point of comparison the 2016 draft was the last one not done by this regime:

1st Round Shaq Lawson

2nd Round Reggie Ragland

4th Round Cardale Jones

6th Round Kevon Seymour

woof

25 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Hey just for fun, here's the topic claiming 2016 was an AWESOME draft lmao.

It's the

SAME

THING

EVERY

YEAR

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

1st Round Shaq Lawson

2nd Round Reggie Ragland

4th Round Cardale Jones

6th Round Kevon Seymour

Do you have an opinion about how this team has drafted under the new regime?

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit after reading that sad collection of names

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Oh nice!! 2 years = every other year.  

Got it.  

lamar jackson = Tyrod Taylor too.  You’re on a roll lately.  

Do you want more lmao, I have more.

I'm sorry Lamar won the MVP and hasn't been as good since, and put up a Colin Kaepernick statline last year.

It must be hard for you.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Cook looks like he has the opportunity to strongly contribute

Shakir will make the roster and might be the steal of the draft

Benford is supposedly outplaying a first round pick and if Shakir wasn’t the steal of the draft maybe he is

Araiza may live up to his nickname

Spector may be playing himself on to the roster

Ok its only preseason but man if Elam comes around as expected the draft may look to be huge a couple of years down the road.

Sure looks like its going to be gold (very early however). It would be a unique one I'd say, usually a team that is the the Vegas favorite I'd assume is hard for rookies to make, but it seems as if Beane nailed this draft!!!

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s one year.  Post a link to every other year or this post is a lie. 

38 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you want more lmao, I have more.

I'm sorry Lamar won the MVP and hasn't been as good since, and put up a Colin Kaepernick statline last year.

It must be hard for you.

I didn’t ask for 2019 did I? 

what must be hard for me?  Trying to have logical discussion with people that are saying LJ and TT are similar?  It’s not hard.  It impossible as it’s not logical.  

I’m surprised that you would be one of the guys saying they are similar.  I gave you too much credit.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t ask for 2019 did I? 

what must be hard for me?  Trying to have logical discussion with people that are saying LJ and TT are similar?  It’s not hard.  It impossible as it’s not logical.  

I’m surprised that you would be one of the guys saying they are similar.  I gave you too much credit.  

I posted 2021 already. Here ya go.

As far as the LJ topic is concerned, how could you argue they aren't similar.  Unless you are arguing that similar means same, in which case I would point you to the good people at Merriam Webster.

Edited by FireChans

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I posted 2021 already. Here ya go.

As far as the LJ topic is concerned, how could you argue they aren't similar.  Unless you are arguing that similar means same, in which case I would point you to the good people at Merriam Webster.

All but one of your links are threads created the day after the draft in April. 

meanwhile, the OPs post was triggered by and consists of talk of actual play of the rookies in preseason and training camp….mid august. 

if you think those posts are the same, than you probably think Lamar Jackson and Tyrod Taylor are the similar.  

Tyrod is a scrambling qb that doesn’t scramble that well. LJ is the best QB runner ever. Tyrod has 59 TDs passes in 78 games.  Lamar has 84 TDs in 58 games.  They are both dual threat QBs.  They aren’t even close to comparable.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All but one of your links are threads created the day after the draft in April. 

meanwhile, the OPs post was triggered by and consists of talk of actual play of the rookies in preseason and training camp….mid august. 

if you think those posts are the same, than you probably think Lamar Jackson and Tyrod Taylor are the similar.  

Tyrod is a scrambling qb that doesn’t scramble that well. LJ is the best QB runner ever. Tyrod has 59 TDs passes in 78 games.  Lamar has 84 TDs in 58 games.  They are both dual threat QBs.  They aren’t even close to comparable.  

So they are similar?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.