Hodgins must stay

John from Riverside

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Agree…Is he ever going to be any better than WR 6 on this team?

Thats assuming he gets a chance…

I also see Mike Love is back …29 years old..Dude is going to play his whole career on the Bills PS whilst they draft and bring in new DE’s every year..

Agree on both. These guys both have some potential. If there is an opportunity to play a bit more, now is the time to take the leap or else you miss your window. Hodgins window for us officially just expired. He will never get off the PS. I actually think both guys could stick on certain active rosters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree on both. These guys both have some potential. If there is an opportunity to play a bit more, now is the time to take the leap or else you miss your window. Hodgins window for us officially just expired. He will never get off the PS. I actually think both guys could stick on certain active rosters. 

Things happen during the season which I am not going to openly root for let’s see how it plays out

29 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Agree…Is he ever going to be any better than WR 6 on this team?

Thats assuming he gets a chance…

I also see Mike Love is back …29 years old..Dude is going to play his whole career on the Bills PS whilst they draft and bring in new DE’s every year..

Could be a 5 next year after Crowder is gone.  Making the cut on a good team is not a bad option for him at this time if he can hang next year.

Kumerow was on the bubble this year and will always be on the bubble.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Could be a 5 next year after Crowder is gone.  Making the cut on a good team is not a bad option for him at this time if he can hang next year.

Kumerow gets a lot a crap here but right now he is a better football player than Hodgins is.  Which is why he is on the team. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hodgins went unclaimed off waivers so may “stay” after all

though he might get a chance to play sooner on someone else’s PS

How did that happen?   Didn’t the other 31 teams see him tear up the preseason?  

39 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So they won’t be drafting another WR next year?  

Kumerow beat him out again this year..again  .. obviously because of his teams ability… 

He should go to a team where his path to getting a decent shot in the actual season is much shorter..

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

So they won’t be drafting another WR next year?  

Kumerow beat him out again this year..again  .. obviously because of his teams ability… 

He should go to a team where his path to getting a decent shot in the actual season is much shorter..

He disagreed.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Wouldn't that be weird if a guy had a 10 year Practice Squad career with the same team???

What would the retirement ceremony be like?

38 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Kumerow gets a lot a crap here but right now he is a better football player than Hodgins is.  Which is why he is on the team. 

Agreed. Not only as a football player but Kumerow's IMO a better receiver.

Both have good size and catch radius but Kumerow is a better athlete who I've actually seen separate from defenders whereas Hodgins is like a poor man's Kenny Golladay.

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He is on his way to becoming the next Mike Love… 5th year on the PS…

But if that is what he wants to do then all good..

Everyone's assuming he had multiple options of Practice Squads. It's quite possible he didn't. Or that the options he had were on much lesser teams or WR cores that were less likely for him to get playing time if someone were to go down.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Everyone's assuming he had multiple options of Practice Squads. It's quite possible he didn't. Or that the options he had were on much lesser teams or WR cores that were less likely for him to get playing time if someone were to go down.

There also can be a difference in pay between PS. And signing bonuses. Not sure what Beane is giving him. 

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Kumerow is a better special teamer than Hodgins is and it’s not close

However

Hodgins is the better wide receiver

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Kumerow is a better special teamer than Hodgins is and it’s not close

However

Hodgins is the better wide receiver

Your last statement is not proven. 

Certainly not according to Aaron Rogers and Coach McD.  

But I am pulling for the kid.  He needs to make WR#5, not 6, because he doesn't contribute on ST.  

Edited by Bob in STL

10 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Your last statement is not proven. 

Certainly not according to Aaron Rogers and Coach McD.  

But I am pulling for the kid.  He needs to make WR#5, not 6, because he doesn't contribute on ST.  

Kumerow was a FA.  He could have signed anywhere.  He signed in Buffalo for vet minimum.  I mean, just saying.

He is also on the Veterans Cap Benefit Rule which is to help vets get signed to 1-year contracts.

Teams pay his full salary, but the team get a cap hit discount to entice them to sign borderline vets.  

On 8/30/2022 at 5:03 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

So you would rather be right than see your team make the best decision.  Got it.  

There is also the fact that neither Hodgins or Kumerow were competing to make this team as a WR, they were competing to make this team as a ST player.

He probably is unhappy Josh Rosen was not drafted and Bills picked Josh Allen. 

Kumerow had a number of plays last year on offense but he was primarily a blocker or a shield allowing others to make plays.

He appeared on 11% of the snaps on offense.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Kumerow was a FA.  He could have signed anywhere.  He signed in Buffalo for vet minimum.  I mean, just saying.

He is also on the Veterans Cap Benefit Rule which is to help vets get signed to 1-year contracts.

Teams pay his full salary, but the team get a cap hit discount to entice them to sign borderline vets.  

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/6/20/23174616/90-buffalo-bills-players-in-90-days-wide-receiver-jake-kumerow-gabriel-davis

Financial situation (per Spotrac): Kumerow initially signed a one-year contract extension on March 10. That contract was worth a total of $1,187,500 overall. However, reports indicate that Kumerow was released on June 16 for salary cap purposes and then re-signed later that day. There’s no official note from the team of this having happened, however, and there is no updated contract to note.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.