Hodgins must stay

John from Riverside

14 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I don't think it's about being right, the decision was made already. I do personally hope that Hodgins crushes it on another team as well as long as he's not playing against the Bills (if he is not able to get on the Bills practice squad). 

I'll definitely continue rooting for him though, I don't think it's wrong to root for players on different teams you like. 

My guess is there is a contract aspect to this. Maybe Hodgins feels like they did him dirty last year when they put him on IR during camp, which iirc was not a full season injury and they don't think he'll re-sign.

For him it is.

I hope he has a good career too.  I don't wish ill will on any former Bills player except anyone that bashes the Bills lol.

I don't see it with Hodgins though.  He had a hard time separating against 3rd stringers.  I don't see him getting clean releases on starting caliber corners in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

May not make it to Daboll

How is that possible? 

For a team in the NFL to keep (4) WRs and be forced to pick through cuts to add a WR or two? 

Phillip Dorsett? Guy has bounced around the league as a depth player and he's their #2? 

The mismanagement is glaring. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How is that possible? 

For a team in the NFL to keep (4) WRs and be forced to pick through cuts to add a WR or two? 

Phillip Dorsett? Guy has bounced around the league as a depth player and he's their #2? 

I saw an NFL meme post last night about Lovie Smith.

He went 17-39 at Illinois.  Came back to the NFL to the the Texans Defensive Coordinator and finished 27th and 31st in points allowed.

Now he's he Texans HC.  He failed up!

12 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How is that possible? 

Lol...glass houses my friend. Remember the WR group Bills had in 2018?? Worst in the NFL

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw an NFL meme post last night about Lovie Smith.

He went 17-39 at Illinois.  Came back to the NFL to the the Texans Defensive Coordinator and finished 27th and 31st in points allowed.

Now he's he Texans HC.  He failed up!

Just the philosophy is beyond outdated. 

They are going to stand at the podium and say they are honestly trying to win football games in an offensive league, with 4-WRs, running backs you've never heard of, a defensive minded head Coach whose career peaked in 2006. 

What are the chances that the coaches Lovie Smith pick to build his staff are going to come up with concepts required to score enough points? 

So Lovie Smith gets his 2-years, and then we fire him and bring in the next guy? 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How is that possible? 

Collins I’d their 2 but your point still holds.

20 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I really hope he has a Teller like career with another team.  Team thought Kumerow was better.

19 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The team did not think Kumerow was a better WR.  They may have thought Kumerow was a better blocker.  They know Kumerow is a better STer.

Overall the Bills thought the skill blend Kumerow has, is a better match for their needs at the present as a 6 WR

Just as the Bills thought the backup IOLmen they kept were a better match for their needs when they traded Teller and kept Spencer Long and Bates.

Exactly!!  Bottom line is if they kept Hodgins over Kumerow, they now created a roster need for ST, who is going to fill that, sounds like not Hodgins this season.  If they kept them both, the 7th WR would be inactive on game days anyway which most often would have been Hodgins due to Kumerow playing ST. So what's he bringing.  IMO they viewed Hodgins and Stevenson equally and with Stevenson's injury they can keep him, but hide him on IR so basically creating an extra roster spot. 

Wouldn't be surprised if on Hodgins exit interview, the Bills may have told him you need to work on 1 of 2 things this year if you want to stick in the NFL.  Either become a great WR so you're either a starter or first of the bench for some team, or become a high level ST player as then you'll have a job for years.   Not that likely he'll ever be able to do the first so ST may be his only path to a roster long term but as was mentioned, his size may prevent him from ever exceling there too.

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

if I am hodgins, I am outta here. 

Agree…Is he ever going to be any better than WR 6 on this team?

Thats assuming he gets a chance…

I also see Mike Love is back …29 years old..Dude is going to play his whole career on the Bills PS whilst they draft and bring in new DE’s every year..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.