Hodgins must stay

John from Riverside

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I really hope he has a Teller like career with another team.  Team thought Kumerow was better.

The team did not think Kumerow was a better WR.  They may have thought Kumerow was a better blocker.  They know Kumerow is a better STer.

Overall the Bills thought the skill blend Kumerow has, is a better match for their needs at the present as a 6 WR

Just as the Bills thought the backup IOLmen they kept were a better match for their needs when they traded Teller and kept Spencer Long and Bates.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I really hope he has a Teller like career with another team.  Team thought Kumerow was better.

So you would rather be right than see your team make the best decision.  Got it.  

There is also the fact that neither Hodgins or Kumerow were competing to make this team as a WR, they were competing to make this team as a ST player.

Edited by Alphadawg7

40 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Kumerow makes sense from a special teams stand point. Keeping Marquez Stevenson over him is what I don't get. He's not listed as a KR/PR, surprised they thought he was a better WR the Hodgins 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Um wow.  Being right is that much more important to you huh?

I don't think it's about being right, the decision was made already. I do personally hope that Hodgins crushes it on another team as well as long as he's not playing against the Bills (if he is not able to get on the Bills practice squad). 

I'll definitely continue rooting for him though, I don't think it's wrong to root for players on different teams you like. 

My guess is there is a contract aspect to this. Maybe Hodgins feels like they did him dirty last year when they put him on IR during camp, which iirc was not a full season injury and they don't think he'll re-sign.

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you would rather be right than see your team make the best decision.  Got it.  

There is also the fact that neither Hodgins or Kumerow were competing to make this team as a WR, they were competing to make this team as a ST player.

I’ll put it under a different light - he has worked hard for 3 years and still hasn’t achieved his dream.

I hope he goes elsewhere and tears it up.

I don’t see anything wrong with that thought. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I’ll put it under a different light - he has worked hard for 3 years and still hasn’t achieved his dream.

I hope he goes elsewhere and tears it up.

I don’t see anything wrong with that thought. 

That sounds a lot less petty than the way it was written before, and I agree I wish him the best.  Hopefully he is back on our PS and can get better at ST to increase his chances of getting on a roster.

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I sort of think strength (or lack thereof) is the deal breaker in his case and it doesn’t just relate to a role on STms. More importantly it affects him as a receiver. What’s the diff between him and George Pickens? Sure Pickens is measurably faster but otherwise they are physically similar and are the same receiver type. They both have great hands and are red zone threats. But Pickens is much stronger and much more aggressive. He’s going to be a star and IH is looking for a job. 
Steelers are smart and had a good draft. Pickett could be starting later this year imo and Pickens was larceny in the 2nd. 

Thats always been a big part of the problem with Hodgins, going back to the  draft.  1. Lack of strength 2. Lack of speed  These are still his issues today.  He does not have the speed or skills to gain separation downfield and he lacks the strength to contribute on special teams, to block, and to fight for the ball.  I thought his physicality in the receiving game was better this year, but not enough.  He just does not stand out. I think it is highly unlikely someone claims him and puts him on the active roster, but if so, good for him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:12 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Was hoping Howard could be RZ target... nope. I think hodgins is a skill set we don't have. Stef can highpoint a contested, but that's diff thsn asking him to be that guy in red zone. Would love to see hodgins backup, earn some regular playing time and see some situational RZ

Both Davis and Knox can contest catches and extend their catch radius. 

We are loaded at the WR and TE position when it comes to making catches (especially tough ones).   We will be better than last year. 

Hodgins at best can be the 6th best WR on this team and he will unlikely see the field as long as the Bills don't have any major injuries. If there are injuries, I see the Bills going after veteran players in the middle of the season

6 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Kumerow makes sense from a special teams stand point. Keeping Marquez Stevenson over him is what I don't get. He's not listed as a KR/PR, surprised they thought he was a better WR the Hodgins 

I saw enough of him there last year to be all set. I dont remember reading his name in any TC article, seeing him in preseason, or see anyone even post about him on here, so hard for me to believe he stuck around from a nice camp, def weird

8 hours ago, Forlorn hope said:

I don't think it's going to be hard to bring back Hodgins on the ps

Not at all advice or even suspicion.... but im shocked we dont see fringe guys pop for PEDs on a constant basis lol they should be. Another indicator to me that testing in this sport is for show only

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.