Hodgins must stay

John from Riverside

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Hodgins has really good hands.  That catch late in the Carolina game where he went up and over the defender and just plucked the ball away from him was eye-popping.  I think he has way more upside than TD Jesus, so Imma vote for Hodgins over Kumerow.

If Josh ever needs to throw a Hail Mary, he’s one of the guys I’d want in the endzone.

• Like (+1) 5

28 minutes ago, hemma said:

If Josh ever needs to throw a Hail Mary, he’s one of the guys I’d want in the endzone.

I just see him being a nice extra player in RZ. hes not going to draw a #1/2 cb, not even a #1 NCB, when Diggs, Gabe, Knox are on field. So hes a physical mismatch, thats also going to draw a weaker cover guy (LB/S). If you cant scheme something up with that, you dont belong in this league

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Turbo44 said:

The problem is, if he makes the cut, he's around our 7th WR and is likely inactive on gameday.  Good insurance in case of injuries, I suppose

At least he wouldn't be able to play against us! He's done more than enough in pre-season to earn a place on the roster.

7 hours ago, gordong said:

sorry but he really hasn't done enough to warrant making this team IMHO. he not fast enough and doesn't get much separation.   he can stay or go.  if we were to keep one boundary guy I would vote for the rookie RB

The separation part is true, but have you seen the grabs he’s been getting? The guy really can catch anything. He seems to be a great contested catcher, and could have some value in short yardage/red zone passing situations. 

As the ST snaps graph shows, the Bills are looking for a reason to keep him, which means they like his on field performance too. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Tanoros said:

The separation part is true, but have you seen the grabs he’s been getting? The guy really can catch anything. He seems to be a great contested catcher, and could have some value in short yardage/red zone passing situations. 

As the ST snaps graph shows, the Bills are looking for a reason to keep him, which means they like his on field performance too. 

I believe this to be true.  The flip side is the Bills are bringing back the vast majority of core ST players from last year.

It would not look good for STC Smiley if he can't develop one of the new guys to take his spot.

He has a job to do too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

You want me to believe that Omar was a stoolie because Sosa says says so ? 

Well played.  I got to dust off the DVD of that and give it another watch.  It's been too long!

I was stationed in the USAF south of Miami when that whole thing was going on.

My favorite "gangster" movie after the Godfather.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well played.  I got to dust off the DVD of that and give it another watch.  It's been too long!

I was stationed in the USAF south of Miami when that whole thing was going on.

My favorite "gangster" movie after the Godfather.

I remember I was 16 years old and my best friend back then was almost begging me to go with him I didn’t want to go but end up going it was in Montreal Canada believe it was 1982 , 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal was on WGR and he said he watched Hodgins on Special Teams and he is concerned he may not be strong enough for special teams.  He said he was easily pushed around when trying to get downfield.  

I sort of think strength (or lack thereof) is the deal breaker in his case and it doesn’t just relate to a role on STms. More importantly it affects him as a receiver. What’s the diff between him and George Pickens? Sure Pickens is measurably faster but otherwise they are physically similar and are the same receiver type. They both have great hands and are red zone threats. But Pickens is much stronger and much more aggressive. He’s going to be a star and IH is looking for a job. 
Steelers are smart and had a good draft. Pickett could be starting later this year imo and Pickens was larceny in the 2nd. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.