So much talent

Scott7975

Just a preseason game but man I feel like this team has so much talent.  There are going to be some really hard calls to make on this final 53. Probably the toughest season yet.  Im so amazed how McBeane has turned this team around.  I'm even more scared how they going to pay everyone knowing that they can't and I am going to be sad to see some of this talent go.  Some of these cut downs will probably start elsewhere.

There are a couple position groups that lack serious talent like TE depth and O line but man we are stacked almost everywhere and no team is strong everywhere.  They aren't all elite of course but they are seriously talented.

So looking forward to this season. I dont know how Beane gets so criticized.  He isn't perfect, no GM is, but he has done an excellent job building this team and getting these players signed IMO.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 7

29 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Defensive depth is extremely good… Shakir and Hodgins were impressive…. As were Elam and Benford…. Only disappointment was the offensive line(not surprising) and Keenum.

Keenum looked terrible. If this is a real QB competition then he would get cut in favor of Barkley but I think they would need to take into account their entire resume first because I don't know if they want to roll into the season with just Allen and Barkley a la Peterman and Allen 2018

• Like (+1) 1

Agreed on Keenum. We are deep everywhere but backup QB. Barkley getting some yards on the #3's is not going to ease my concern. I'd like to see us look at some of the other vet cuts and see if we can find a real #2. I think the OL will come together and the WR's, TE's and RB's look good. Defense looks tough. Keep Josh healthy and rested up and we got a real shot.

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Agreed on Keenum. We are deep everywhere but backup QB. Barkley getting some yards on the #3's is not going to ease my concern. I'd like to see us look at some of the other vet cuts and see if we can find a real #2. I think the OL will come together and the WR's, TE's and RB's look good. Defense looks tough. Keep Josh healthy and rested up and we got a real shot.

There is literally no one worth it that's available. Keenum, from what I have seen from him in the past, is not bad. The guy basically lead the vikings to the NFC championship game in his one year there and had the best year of his career. But in the free agency pool, the only player I would even consider is calling Fitz and seeing if he wants to come out of retirement. Because that's seriously all that's out there

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

There is literally no one worth it that's available. Keenum, from what I have seen from him in the past, is not bad. The guy basically lead the vikings to the NFC championship game in his one year there and had the best year of his career. But in the free agency pool, the only player I would even consider is calling Fitz and seeing if he wants to come out of retirement. Because that's seriously all that's out there

Been saying this myself and couldn't agree more. QB depth after about 30th best in the league is abysmal, we're lucky to even have a guy with some solid experience. This is why the conversation about he who shall not be named keeps popping up, and rightfully so, there are some terrible QBs hanging on to rosters right now. Nathan Peterman still showed up in a game today in 2022. And he looked very much like Nathan Peterman, yet he'll probably still be on a roster Week 1, because to your point there is nobody.

Fitz would be an upgrade but I'm assuming he's not an option until he says otherwise. Other than Fitz there is nobody.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

We are definitely not deep at OLine. If any starter goes down we're putting in a liability. One could argue that Quessenberry can fill in for Brown, fair enough (though I expect Brown to be noticably better than Qberry when he's back at full go)..but what about any other position on the line?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

According to this NFL.Com Article we are not in the top 5

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-qb-justin-fields-poised-for-breakout-year-2-in-new-offense-plus-the-nfl-s-

1. Chargers

2. Saints 

3. Rams

4. Packers

5. Browns

Not sure what writer was thinking - especially with Saints and Browns

The Saints?! I read a lot of offseason nonsense and this might be the first time I've seen anybody rate them, let alone that high. Bucky just throwing Michael Thomas out there as guaranteed elite as if the last 2 years didn't happen. I know there's been some chatter about how good he looks in practice but shouldn't you at least mention the fact that he hasn't really played in years if ranking the offense that high? Olave's also a rookie and he's mentioning him like he's Tee Higgins dependable. Terrible take all around.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Just a preseason game but man I feel like this team has so much talent.  There are going to be some really hard calls to make on this final 53. Probably the toughest season yet.  Im so amazed how McBeane has turned this team around.  I'm even more scared how they going to pay everyone knowing that they can't and I am going to be sad to see some of this talent go.  Some of these cut downs will probably start elsewhere.

There are a couple position groups that lack serious talent like TE depth and O line but man we are stacked almost everywhere and no team is strong everywhere.  They aren't all elite of course but they are seriously talented.

So looking forward to this season. I dont know how Beane gets so criticized.  He isn't perfect, no GM is, but he has done an excellent job building this team and getting these players signed IMO.

Its easy as there are way too many armchair QBs.  They like to think they are smarter than actual GMs.  Forget that he was GM of the year two years ago voted in by his peers.

I couldn’t agree more on our depth.  TE definitely and it seems like every team thinks they don’t have enough depth at O Line.

Now it’s just week 1 of the preseason, but some of the new talent looked good yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Agree with you.  RT on the o-line is a concern.

Luke Tenuta, who is prob at best a PS guy pretty much played the whole game at RT. It’s either Brown, Q-Berry, or Doyle at RT . The only one who played was Doyle who was only okay today . 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.