Diggs wants to return punts

YoloinOhio

Absolutely should be considered. Not a crazy idea at all.  Antonio Brown returned punts for the Steelers, as did Darrell Revis for the Jets. Tre White was a great punt returner at LSU, although obviously that’s off the table with the knee injury.  When the Chiefs put Tyreek Hill back to return punts it was absolutely terrifying …

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would do it in the playoffs. I’m not worried so much about him getting hurt back there as much as I don’t want him tired when the offense takes the field 

Great point and as we have seen come playoff time teams double team Diggs and his production as a receiver goes down. So using him as a returner would be another way of getting him involved when it really matters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Georgie said:

I don't think it will be necessary

Not necessary, but I like the idea of adding his return skills as a threat in key situations.

I echo those who compared to what the Chiefs do with Hill and those who point to Diggs getting doubled often so it helps get the ball in his hands. 

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Diggs was an electric kick returner I’n college and averaged 10 yards per punt return 

He was a five star Athlete who was electric wit the ball in his hands 

he’s too valuable to put back there tho

What happens when his charge runs out mid return?

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Great point and as we have seen come playoff time teams double team Diggs and his production as a receiver goes down. So using him as a returner would be another way of getting him involved when it really matters.

Sure, that shuts down our passing game, right? Gabe Davis: "I should have had 5".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.