Does LB Baylon Spector make the Bills final 53?

HOUSE

If the Bills keep 6 LBs, I think Spector has a decent shot.  As mentioned earlier, the Bills salary cap is only going to get tighter.  A guy like Spector on a cheap 4 year rookie deal is going to be appealing.  Also, Andre Smith is suspended the first 6 games.  Finally, Edmunds, Smith, Matakevich, and Dodson are all FAs after this season.  Potentially a lot of turnover.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

image.png.160d6ac474c47ccea6a9326cf3ea1bcf.png

Jay Skurski

It’s well established that the Buffalo Bills have intense competitions going on for depth positions at wide receiver and offensive line.

On the other side of the ball, the competition at linebacker hasn’t gotten quite as much attention but is equally wide open.

Enter Baylon Spector. The team’s seventh-round draft pick from Clemson was all over the field in Saturday’s preseason opener against the Indianapolis Colts, finishing with a team-high nine tackles and one pass defensed in a 27-24 victory at Highmark Stadium. Spector played 50 snaps, second on the defense behind only defensive tackle Prince Emili (53).

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/strong-showing-against-colts-boosts-rookie-baylon-spector-in-bills-linebacker-competition/article_2f2a1f4c-1dbb-11ed-8e07-2b585ab06e97.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Third quarter just ended and I’m not sure I’ve heard his name yet? 

He entered the game at the very end of the 3rd. He played 3 quarters last week. It appears the Bills will play him less then attempt to hide him on the PS. It won't work though 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.