Does LB Baylon Spector make the Bills final 53?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like other teams will be circling the waters of the Bills cuts. Then again I've felt that way before and been surprised.

Remember when we would look forward to the final cut? Some teams would cut guys better than our starters! We’d be trying to fill several starting positions with scraps from………..GOOD teams. 

These are good times, my friends!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel as if Tyler Matekevich is in the roster spot that would be occupied by Specter.  Matekevich is on the Bills by virtue of his prowess as a special teams player, although he hasn't embarrassed himself when he's subbed for Edmunds.  He just doesn't have the athleticism to be more than an occasional sub.  Specter was on special teams tonight and made some plays.  McDermott tends to trust his veterans all other things being equal, but Specter. being a 7th round draft pick has a really cheap contract, while Matekevich's contract is pricey for what he is.   If Specter continues to play well, both on defense and special teams, the difference in contracts between the two players could make Beane and McDermott think long and hard about cutting Matekevich in favor of Specter.

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Agree 9

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

I feel as if Tyler Matekevich is in the roster spot that would be occupied by Specter.  Matekevich is on the Bills by virtue of his prowess as a special teams player, although he hasn't embarrassed himself when he's subbed for Edmunds.  He just doesn't have the athleticism to be more than an occasional sub.  Specter was on special teams tonight and made some plays.  McDermott tends to trust his veterans all other things being equal, but Specter. being a 7th round draft pick has a really cheap contract, while Matekevich's contract is pricey for what he is.   If Specter continues to play well, both on defense and special teams, the difference in contracts between the two players could make Beane and McDermott think long and hard about cutting Matekevich in favor of Specter.

When Coach McD and Beane asked ST Coach what free agent he needed to help special teams he said Tyler Matekevich so they went and signed him/  That special teams coordnator is no longer with team so it may be a factor in him being cut BUT they had opprotunity to cut him when they were cutting other vets.  

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He is older (more mature) player who was a big college player for Clemson.

For those who do not know Bills special teams player Andre Smith has been suspended for the first six games of the season.Smith was suspended six games for violating the league’s policy against performance-enhancing substances.

He reminds me of A.J.Klein but a bit smaller.

You are named after the dog in "Back to the Future", right?

He's more like Pavlov's dog. Easily manipulated.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

When Coach McD and Beane asked ST Coach what free agent he needed to help special teams he said Tyler Matekevich so they went and signed him/  That special teams coordnator is no longer with team so it may be a factor in him being cut BUT they had opprotunity to cut him when they were cutting other vets.  

Spector has to prove there's no drop off first. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like other teams will be circling the waters of the Bills cuts. Then again I've felt that way before and been surprised.

I think every team feels like this post cuts.  I thought for sure Cam Lewis would be snagged by someone last year.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.