the Punt god

ProcessTruster

9 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Thanks dude! I’m just saying, we’re essentially calling someone who plays the least most important position in football “God”.

That’s rediculous.

It’s all in fun -including sky fairies really existing. Just for fun.

16 hours ago, davefan66 said:

If the Colts returner fields that kick at the 14, our guys were at about the 45.  He would have gotten a decent return on it.  Once other teams see film, they’ll put their return guy in better position to field it.  Although, no way on a punt that long the return team could set up their blocks.

It seemed effortless to get the air distance he did.  I wonder if it’s possible for him to kick it even further?

Like this kid over Haack because of a stronger leg and and more importantly, quicker to get the ball off his foot.  I’d like to see how he does with shorter and out of bounds kicks.  I don’t see that being the kick that seals his place in the team.  The day he was drafted did that.  They just needed to make sure he wasn’t a disaster and could hold.  Competition over.

Edit:  Rewatching, I love the roar of the crowd at the 40 when they realize the ball is going the distance.  We sit upper deck, and you expect the ball at a certain part of the arc to descend, that’s when this punt just took off!  It was insane to watch!

They will start having returners go back deeper but we can be trickier knowing teams will do that.

5 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

They will start having returners go back deeper but we can be trickier knowing teams will do that.

No rather you boot it out of the endzone. Never having to worry about a punt return is a million times better than anything you can hope for.

The Bills aren't punting unless they are stuck deep in their own territory and that is what The Punt God  will do, force the team to start from the 25 no matter what.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That 98 yard kick was sick. I watched a video of it. 65 or so yards and then bounces forward. Returner picked it up at the one and was tackled at the 2 or 3. That's 96 or 97 net yards.

I saw it that Sunday.  Randall was a great athlete that who could play in todays NFL.  The other thing I remember about Randall is how when he was about to be tackled, he would curl into a ball and launch himself into player, instead of sliding

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That 98 yard kick was sick. I watched a video of it. 65 or so yards and then bounces forward. Returner picked it up at the one and was tackled at the 2 or 3. That's 96 or 97 net yards.

He muffed it, I think. Touched it way up field.  He had to pick it up and attempt to get it up field.   Was a live ball.  If he gets tackled in EZ, it'd been a safety. 

82 yards, as not as sexy... Is more impressive.  Talking difference of 16 yards all not bouncing around 40.

22 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

A lot of people online giving crap about it being a touchback. The guy kicked it from inside his own 10 yard line! Are you expecting a punter to pin the other team deep when you are punting from inside your own 10? If you are punting in that situation then your team screwed up so if you can force a touchback and no return then that is a huge win!

In what world is 62-net on a punt not good enough?  The situation there called for one thing, to blast that ball as far as he could to flip the field.  Mission accomplished.

22 hours ago, davefan66 said:

If the Colts returner fields that kick at the 14, our guys were at about the 45.  He would have gotten a decent return on it.  Once other teams see film, they’ll put their return guy in better position to field it.  Although, no way on a punt that long the return team could set up their blocks.

So let them put their return man deeper, then Araiza can hit a 50 yard "pooch" forcing a tough catch, field on a hop etc.  Thinking we could see opponents flubbing a few punts this season.

21 hours ago, Bakin said:

Did punt god crash the 2BD server?

shortly after the kick I couldn’t get on the site. 
someone confirm?

Think it was when Elam came off the field hurt that the site went down.  Sitting in the stadium I went checked the GDT as soon as it happened to see what was going on and the site was down by the time I clicked 'Submit Reply'.

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The kick left Araiza’s foot at the Bills’ 8-yard line and landed at the Colts’ 14-yard line,

It traveled 78 yards in the air.

it then rolled 15 into the EZ. 

where did the magic 6 yards come from?

6 yards?

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If teams want to put their returners 60 yards away, a 13 yard return would be a net 47. For some perspective, a 13 yard return average would be the highest in NFL history. The highest net punting average in NFL history is 44.5 yards. So basically, if they put someone back 60 and averaged more return yards than anyone ever, the net would be 2.5 yards higher than any punter in history. Lol, teams can’t “adjust.” They just have to deal with trading 10-20 yards every time in the punting game.

Not only that, but I'm sure Araiza can "learn" how to punt out of bounds... Unless he completely misses the angle, it'd still be a long distance with no return. 

Edited by Jerome007

On 8/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, muppy said:

One thing I don't know regarding araiza is how he will adapt to the cold in WNY .What and if any effect on his performance in Orchard Park

Home field weather was very bad in 2nd half of year so NFL decides that it makes good film;  makes tough schedule at start of year for Bills, early bye and lots of home games at end of year.

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:The kick left Araiza’s foot at the Bills’ 8-yard line and landed at the Colts’ 14-yard line,

It traveled 78 yards in the air.

it then rolled 15 into the EZ. 

where did the magic 6 yards come from?

punt from bills 18 for touchback. 100 - 18 = 82.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.