the Punt god

ProcessTruster

7 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

that punt was 70 yds in the air from scrimmage (75+ from where he hit it-- do I have that right?) .   I've been watching the NFL for a very long time, don't thing I've ever seen that before.   Yeah he was going from left to right but no wind, right?    Amazing.   Screw the coffin kick ability.  Think we found our punter? 

Reading the news this morning it sounds like it was 82 yards.  I’ve never seen anything like it.  Definitely a good use of 6th round picks getting Bass last year, and Araiza this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Haack trotted out to a sprinkling of boos for the first punt and there was a buzz in the crowd when Araiza came on for his punt.  Then BOOM!  The punt was like a laser off his left foot and the return man hesitated for just a split second and that was all it took for the ball to fly over his head.  NFL returners haven’t seen punts like that and it is going to be a problem.  Tape doesn’t do it justice, it is a different animal.

• Like (+1) 2

Missed the game last night, got on this morning to watch that 82 yard punt, anyone else burst out laughin' like, "That is absolutely ridiculous, have i seen that before?"

Had to see if that Monster Boot he uncorked appeared on the all time 100 punters list.

The list loads up and there is this highly athletic 90's Eagles Quarterback picture shows up, "No Way" 

Mind went straight to "Come on Randle, are you serious?" Notice Randall Cunningham, the man can't even let punters feel good about themselves, he is #3 on NFL's All Time Longest Single Game Punts!!!! Omg! In History!

The dude was not the first scrambling QB, but he raised the bar 

Anyway, scrolled down this list and saw Punt God AZA is tied for 19th longest in NFL history. [highlighted in yellow for those who don't wanna admit they are older  but can't see s**t crowd like me].

I will tolerate a great deal of suck to keep this guy, He would have to muff more than several punts for me to start sufferfing about this haha.

Bills have had stellar punters here in the past no joke. but come on, have you ever been more excited to punt the ball? The man has a hell of a start, may the legend continue to grow.

How glad are you all that we are on the right side of the Ass-Kickin?????!!!! 

GO BIlls!

1676699971_PuntLeaders.thumb.png.ea625f9f27ff0dcc26ae1394d2f01819.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Imagine if this would be god could learn to do coffin corner kicks.

https://buffalonews.com/news/coffin-corner-kicks-arent-only-from-dead-ball-era/article_a61a3c30-2666-5959-9462-9eba077d2c33.html

"I still think the coffin-corner kick is a good kick. But a lot of times you get teams that put big defensive ends on your slots, pushing pressure up the field. So if you punt at an angle, maybe you'll kick it into that defensive end. It's a matter of scouting teams and seeing if it's going to be a good kick that week."

22 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Missed the game last night, got on this morning to watch that 82 yard punt, anyone else burst out laughin' like, "That is absolutely ridiculous, have i seen that before?"

Had to see if that Monster Boot he uncorked appeared on the all time 100 punters list.

The list loads up and there is this highly athletic 90's Eagles Quarterback picture shows up, "No Way" 

Mind went straight to "Come on Randle, are you serious?" Notice Randall Cunningham, the man can't even let punters feel good about themselves, he is #3 on NFL's All Time Longest Single Game Punts!!!! Omg! In History!

The dude was not the first scrambling QB, but he raised the bar 

Anyway, scrolled down this list and saw Punt God AZA is tied for 19th longest in NFL history. [highlighted in yellow for those who don't wanna admit they are older  but can't see s**t crowd like me].

I will tolerate a great deal of suck to keep this guy, He would have to muff more than several punts for me to start sufferfing about this haha.

Bills have had stellar punters here in the past no joke. but come on, have you ever been more excited to punt the ball? The man has a hell of a start, may the legend continue to grow.

How glad are you all that we are on the right side of the Ass-Kickin?????!!!! 

GO BIlls!

1676699971_PuntLeaders.thumb.png.ea625f9f27ff0dcc26ae1394d2f01819.png

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

2 things: first, unbelievable he hit an 82 yard punt and that wouldn’t even be the team record!

second, I don’t think they cared at all about hang time on this punt-seems it was a lot like Josh’s first ever pass in a preseason game, just kick it as far as you can!

• Like (+1) 1

There are people, on this very board, that thought he was “brought in as competition for Haack.” They’ve been “monitoring the situation” so as to find out who might “win the job.” The SECOND that the Bills used one of their 15 visits on him it was his job. If you are one of those people, go look in the mirror and say, “I’m an idiot and not very smart.”

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.