the Punt god

ProcessTruster

Here's HoFer Ray Guy's career stats.  In just over a 1,000 punts, Guy's longest was 74 yards.  In his first pro game,  Punt God shatters Guy's longest by 8 yards and there was no wind.

Fasten your seat belts folks.

Ray Guy (P):

Career NFL statistics

Punts: 1,049

Punting yards: 44,493

Average punt: 42.4

Longest punt: 74

Here's the longest in NFL history,  look how many yards it bounces. 98 yards total. Yet, Steve O'Neal gets minimal extension like Punt God does:

Gotta click link. Nasty NFL won't embed it. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here's HoFer Ray Guy's career stats.  In just over a 1,000 punts, Guy's longest was 74 yards.  In his first pro game,  Punt God shatters Guy's longest by 8 yards and there was no wind.

Fasten your seat belts folks.

Ray Guy (P):

Career NFL statistics

Punts: 1,049

Punting yards: 44,493

Average punt: 42.4

Longest punt: 74

Here's the longest in NFL history,  look how many yards it bounces. 98 yards total. Yet, Steve O'Neal gets minimal extension like Punt God does:

Gotta click link. Nasty NFL won't embed it. 

Where we drafted Araiza was a steal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Oh how deprived we are as a society when we call a punter “God”. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

From Wikipedia:

"Araiza is of Mexican descent through his father, Rico, who was born in Mexico.  Araiza has stated that he does not "necessarily love the nickname" of 'Punt God', though recognizes it as a "huge compliment." "

SO... Your concerns are addressed.

Anyway... He's NOT God, but PUNT God.  That's still below the Big Guy! 😏  There's all kinds of lesser Gods/Goddesses. No disrespect.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It was the perfect spot for him to crush it.  Not a ton of hang time for how many yards it traveled from foot to hitting the carpet.  Not a tall punt, but distance wise amazing!  Effective for sure!

I loved it and lept outta my seat.  Before we anoint him the 2nd coming of Morman, let’s see how he does with shorter punts.  Punts that need to be coffin corner or require hang time.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

It was exactly 3.0 last year and I think most of us consider the offense to have been disjointed for much of the season. 

Yeah, schedule is a touch harder this year, which is why I set it at 2. But I could definitely see 4 or 5 no punt games just because I expect us to dominate. 

59 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

The ball was snapped at the 18 yard line, the ball hit at the 12 yard line, that’s 83 yards in the air since the punter is back 13 yards from the line of scrimmage resulting in a punt of 70 yards prior to the roll which evidently went into the endzone. That’s some serious leg. 

He actually kicked it between the 8 and 9 yard line.  I didn’t see where it landed but the announcer said the 15. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.