Postgame thread:Bills 27 - Colts 24

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I thought Settle was great against the run for the limited time he was in there. Bryant played well also. If Morris keeps impressing then I believe Sweeney is gone. Crowder needs to show something soon or he could be a surprise cut. Of course we dont see the practices, but with only 3 preseason games each one is critical to show what you got.

Crowder’s a good trade candidate. Beane is a wizard at trading players that he was going to cut anyway

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

I didn't get to watch the game. How did James Cook and Duke Johnson look? Judging from the box score, not so good.

Cook looked alright in the few reps he got, Duke didn't really get going very well, but looked kind of shifty as a returner. Blackshear looked better than Duke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Duke looked slow. He fielded punts a couple times without issue I believe. But so did Shakir. 

Thanks for the info. I know is any case Cook is a lock because of his draft position, but we'll see how Duke does next week.

7 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Hey, we can't really panic about the starting QB anymore.. gotta find something to panic about or what will make life worth living? 

Is that what you think is happening? I'd rather have a QB who may develop into something vs. Keenum and you think that's panic? What do you consider reasonable?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Cook looked alright in the few reps he got, Duke didn't really get going very well, but looked kind of shifty as a returner. Blackshear looked better than Duke.

Got it. Thanks. I hope Cook gets more reps next week.

Just now, chongli said:

Thanks for the info. I know is any case Cook is a lock because of his draft position, but we'll see how Duke does next week.

I have a hard time believing it won't be singletary cook and moss, with Gilliam as a 4th runner. Duke cut and Blackshear to PS. 

Just my guess.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Shakir is making the team. He had a great afternoon.

This felt expected given some of the hype around him at camp. I was really surprised at how well Hodgins performed.  If he could play special teams he would have definitely have a shot at pushing out Kumerow.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Is that what you think is happening? I'd rather have a QB who may develop into something vs. Keenum and you think that's panic? What do you consider reasonable?

My apologies, I guess I conflated the level of your concerns with that of other posters.

I've literally posted that if they want to carry barkely for his charming personality they should make him a coach or carry a developmental QB in his place. I don't think it's something critical though as you can always ***** someone else developmental QB if you really want one though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.