Postgame thread:Bills 27 - Colts 24

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Say hello to my little friend 😎

I'm no punt god, but what was striking to me watching him for the first time was how little he extends his leg. His foot barely came above his hip. Compare that to Ray Guy or some other prototypical punter.

https://www.romacfl.com/around-the-house-ray-guy-interview-10-10-13/

I suppose that's why his hang time may be an issue at times (kickers please chime in)?

Edited by Beerball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, julian said:

Elam’s performance today tells you he’s not ready ? That seems strange to me. I thought he played very soundly and looks to be right on track to start on the 8th

I think he was inconsistent.   He made some plays, but I thought he had several plays where he was late or out of position.   Not a disaster, but consistency is important to Frazier and McDermott.  That's why Levi started for the Bills over better athletes who were available in free agency.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beerball said:

I'm no punt god, but what was striking to me watching him for the first time was how little he extends his leg. His foot barely came above his hip. Compare that to Ray Guy or some other prototypical punter.

https://www.romacfl.com/around-the-house-ray-guy-interview-10-10-13/

I suppose that's why his hang time may be an issue at times (kickers please chime in)?

That struck me as well. Interesting.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I think Barkley earned number 1 spot to start preseason next week ( unless McDermott wants to play Allen). Keenum needs to prove himself rest of the way for 2 spot in qbs.

At this point, early I know, I'd rather see a developmental QB on the roster vs. Keenum.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think he was inconsistent.   He made some plays, but I thought he had several plays where he was late or out of position.   Not a disaster, but consistency is important to Frazier and McDermott.  That's why Levi started for the Bills over better athletes who were available in free agency.  

I noticed he also seemed to shy away from contact in run support. One play really stood out where he seemed to wait for Jaquon Johnson to make the tackle along the sideline instead of trying to make it himself.

I think I am much more high on our  secondary than last years squad. Glad Beane addressed it and if we come away with two solid draft picks along with Tre back it’s a home run. Barring a disaster over the next two games I do not think we will be looking to bring anyone else.

I loved the Post Game Interview from Punt God. Seems like a great personality and for that reason along with his leg Matt Haack is the weakest link. Goodbye!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Beside the pick play, in which Tasker made it out to seem Elam was responsible for the blown coverage, what other plays was Elam late on or out of position?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

16 minutes ago, Beerball said:

At this point, early I know, I'd rather see a developmental QB on the roster vs. Keenum.

Ehlinger was probably the most impressive QB in today's game.

He was a 6th rounder last year.

I guess that's what the Bills were going for when they drafted Jake Fromm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believed in Hodgins more than most, only because the early reports of him and Gabe Davis were so favorable their rookie years. Obviously those two receivers have gad much different careers up until this point, but I thought if Hodgins stayed healthy, he’d eventually make noise. Just last year McD said something to the effect of “he’s really positioning himself for a move.” Glad to see he balled out today and earned the respect of some naysayers. 

Also, do any of you remember Moorman’s 84 yard punt against the Packers I believe it was? His ball did roll more than Araiza’s, but it was also really impressive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Was anything seen or heard from OJ Howard?

Keenum tried to hit him in the end zone and he was tightly covered.

26 minutes ago, Beerball said:

You get a development QB on the practice squad.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Settle was great against the run for the limited time he was in there. Bryant played well also. If Morris keeps impressing then I believe Sweeney is gone. Crowder needs to show something soon or he could be a surprise cut. Of course we dont see the practices, but with only 3 preseason games each one is critical to show what you got.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.