Postgame thread:Bills 27 - Colts 24

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Had it not been a touchback, I'd agree. A great punt, no doubt. But for it to be the best punt I have ever seen, it would have to been kicked out of bounds or had more hang time and been downed before the goal line. Don't get me wrong, very impressive. But 10 yards shorter and out of bounds is a better outcome.

The best I ever saw was I believe Randall Cunningham punting 90+ yards and it being returned 9 yards from the 7.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/25/philadelphia-eagles-randall-cunningham-91-yard-punt-new-york-giants-1989/

Namely because while Cunningham was a good college punter, he played QB in the NFL...pretty well actually.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Elam’s performance today tells you he’s not ready ? That seems strange to me. I thought he played very soundly and looks to be right on track to start on the 8th

He will be tested hard against the Rams BUT at least Hyde and Poyer know how to help out a rookie CB.

4 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Haack will be one of this week's cuts. Hodgins will play above Kumerow next game. Beane may need to look for an upgrade @ QB2 & TE2. IMO

I'd love to see Quinton Morris get more snaps at TE next week. I think he's got potential.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Had it not been a touchback, I'd agree. A great punt, no doubt. But for it to be the best punt I have ever seen, it would have to been kicked out of bounds or had more hang time and been downed before the goal line. Don't get me wrong, very impressive. But 10 yards shorter and out of bounds is a better outcome.

Randall Cunningham's 91 yard point was pretty impressive. If that dude played now he'd be amazing.

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I think everyone played well other than Keenum.  That’s the worst performance from a QB in a Bills uniform since Peterman against the chargers.  Barkley played well but if anything happens to JA, we’re not winning until he returns.  

Keenum needs to pull it together.  Not only for his backup QB spot but he wasted a lot of chances for his offensive teammates.

He's a vet and needs to play much better against the Broncos next week.

• Agree 7

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Keenum needs to pull it together.  Not only for his backup QB spot but he wasted a lot of chances for his offensive teammates.

Both his INTs we're particularly egregious, especially the second one...

How do you throw a back shoulder ball inside and while the DB is staring right at you??

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I’m not confident he will.  Again worst performance from a Bills QB since Peterman and this is from a highly seasoned vet.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Both his INTs we're particularly egregious, especially the second one...

How do you throw a back shoulder ball inside and while the DB is staring right at you??

He knew it when he threw it. Watch the replay. You can see it in his expression. He should know better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.