Postgame thread:Bills 27 - Colts 24

YoloinOhio

On 8/13/2022 at 9:09 PM, Sestak4ever said:

I thought Settle was great against the run for the limited time he was in there. Bryant played well also. If Morris keeps impressing then I believe Sweeney is gone. Crowder needs to show something soon or he could be a surprise cut. Of course we dont see the practices, but with only 3 preseason games each one is critical to show what you got.

I think OJ Howard is a dud and there is a chance that both Sweeney and Morris stay over him. 

My hottest take of the preseason is that Crowder doesn’t make the roster. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m not saying he will be as good as them… but he looked kinda like Cooper Kupp/Booby Trees there… 

He looks like a very instinctual player. Like how as soon as he catches the ball he twists his body forward and lowers his shoulder to brace for impact. I don't know if he has a super high ceiling but he clearly belongs on an NFL field, you can see it right away.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

I watched the game at Tavern on The Tracks in Charlotte and I'm standing at the bar next to a young guy wearing a Bills Shakir jersey. I say to him that it's great that he's jumping on the Shakir train early. He proceeds to tell me that he is Khalils brother. I have to admit I only half believed him, but I did some Googling this morning and found him. He is indeed Khalils brother.

So for any fans going to the Panthers preseason game keep an eye out for him, probably the only guy wearing a Shakir jersey.

This is almost exactly how I met Trent Edwards parents. I was in line for a Bills game. It was Trent’s rookie year and hadn’t started yet. There was a nice couple in their 50’s behind me. But I was the opposite of you. I immediately asked if they were his parents. Who else would have the 2nd string, 3rd round rookie jersey on like week2. 

We had a good laugh over it. Nice people. Should have asked them what Dakota Fanning is like in person. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m not saying he will be as good as them… but he looked kinda like Cooper Kupp/Booby Trees there… 

I was told breasts don’t grow on trees.  Please direct me to these bazinga bonsais.  

• Haha (+1) 7

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is almost exactly how I met Trent Edwards parents. I was in line for a Bills game. It was Trent’s rookie year and hadn’t started yet. There was a nice couple in their 50’s behind me. But I was the opposite of you. I immediately asked if they were his parents. Who else would have the 2nd string, 3rd round rookie jersey on like week2. 

We had a good laugh over it. Nice people. Should have asked them what Dakota Fanning is like in person. 

5th round rookie, no less. 

Very cool, BTW.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I thought it was interesting upthread, someone quoted a tweet that he spent a lot of time outside (more than 1/3) in Saturday's game

Sure seems like it's becoming more common, or at least more sought after, for offensive "skill position players" to be kind of "positionless" with their skill sets and usage. TEs who run WR routes. WRs who take handoffs. RBs who spilt out wide. QBs who are short-yardage FBs. Both sides of the ball have seen more ambiguity with respect to clearly defined player positions and roles. I'm sure there's plenty of room for WRs to play both inside and outside, to motion around the formation, etc. I'd like to see more and more of this from the Bills, with the unique and well-rounded talents they have in the room. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 947 said:

Howard tore his achilles. Literally 0% of pro athletes have returned to 100% of their prior athleticism after that injury. Some can get close, and that's enough to still play at a high-ish level, but never as well as before the injury. It's the worst injury an athlete can have.

OJ Howard will never be as athletic as he was during the healthy stretches of his first 2 seasons, but he'll be OK as a pass catcher if Knox misses time. Howard would be light years better than Sweeney if that happens.

Yes, that's essentially what I've been saying.

I've been trying to address the expectations some here have had for Howard.

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Spector! OMG!😲

That is an EXCELLENT highlight reel for a late round draft pick in his first NFL action. It's really fun to watch the way some dudes, like Spector, instinctually read, react, and attack. For the standard bearer, check out Mike Singletary's best cut-ups. The way he strafed behind the line and then pounced. The beautiful, predatory dance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

That is an EXCELLENT highlight reel for a late round draft pick in his first NFL action. It's really fun to watch the way some dudes, like Spector, instinctually read, react, and attack. For the standard bearer, check out Mike Singletary's best cut-ups. The way he strafed behind the line and then pounced. The beautiful, predatory dance. 

Yes! With apologies to the 6,6”, wing span of a Bald Eagle #49, THIS is the way to play MLB. 

sorry, Tremaine 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 4

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes! With apologies to the 6,6”, wing span of a Bald Eagle #49, THIS is the way to play MLB. 

sorry, Tremaine 🤷‍♂️

If only we could combine Edmunds size/athleticism and the instincts of these rookies into some Frankenstein hybrid LB.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.