Postgame thread:Bills 27 - Colts 24

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I'm surprised by the number of Keenum sucks overreactions.

He had a bad game for sure. But he has accomplished so much more in NFL than Matt Barkley that its not even a comparison. Saying that Barkley deserves to be QB2 after one preseason game (where Barkley played against lesser players) is weird to say the least.

Especially considering Barkley has been in the system and this is all new to Keenum.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Beside the pick play, in which Tasker made it out to seem Elam was responsible for the blown coverage, what other plays was Elam late on or out of position?

Don’t give it another thought. That’s just Shaw being Shaw.. 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Hodgins keeps playing well I'll be pissed if he is cut in favor of Kumerow.  Find someone to take his spot on ST or just have punt god kick that ***** a mile high so there is no return chance.  TD Jesus was a great story after that first quick TD catch from Allen but hasn't done ***** since.  ST is important but IMO doesnt override having good talent in WRs.

Agreed. If crybaby Aaron R wants him back with the Pack, tell him to throw a temper tantrum with the GB FO and demand a trade. I’d accept a 6th rounder.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

I'm surprised by the number of Keenum sucks overreactions.

I’m willing to hold judgment. Although I was having a Jacksonville deny vu moment watching the game unfold while he was in there.  If it could go wrong, it was.  Watching the Colts jailbreaking our patchwork OLine certainly was not comforting.  

11 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Encouraging that Bills’ backups hung with Indy’s 1st team O.

Elam and Bedford showed well for most part.

For all the talk of more multiple TE sets, none that played today were impressive.

I know that most of the OL players that will be here didn’t play, but those that did were over-matched most of the game.  

Keenum tried to hit the TEs early but his throws were too high.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Sigh…I didn’t think it was needed, but I guess I’ll state it anyways.  I’m referring to the regular season where we are playing the #1s.  Of course we don’t need JA to win pre season games. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I anticipated this response and started addressing it in my initial post, but then I thought better of it.  Just as our offense was not playing against the defensive #1's, our QB's did not get to play with our offensive #1's.  It works both ways.

I just don't think we can write off the team as being unwinnable without JA.  It was an overreaction on your part based on a single preseason game, and the first one to boot.  We are certainly not the same team without 17, but fortunately, there are 52 other players on the field who have a say in game outcomes.

• Eyeroll 1

Said this in the GDT, but John Murphy needs to be replaced.  He is bad and has aways been bad.  Case in point…I was only in the car listening for 20 min. Talking about Alec Pierce…

”Alec Pierce, 7th round pick, no, 2nd round pick, make that 1st round pick…”

How about doing a little more prep work Murph.  This isn’t some scrub who won’t make it past the 1st cut.  He will probably be one of their top 3 WR’s. 

Just one example of his terrible work, but make no mistake, listen to the whole game, and the post would be lengthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I anticipated this response and started addressing it in my initial post, but then I thought better of it.  Just as our offense was not playing against the defensive #1's, our QB's did not get to play with our offensive #1's.  It works both ways.

I just don't think we can write off the team as being unwinnable without JA.  It was an overreaction on your part based on a single preseason game, and the first one to boot.  We are certainly not the same team without 17, but fortunately, there are 52 other players on the field who have a say in game outcomes.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say, but this first sentence literally gave me a headache.  Our offense played against their D #1’s, not that it matters.  Keenum looked completely lost, his throws were either off, high or ill advised.  When your QB throws 2 awful picks, 1 fumble, and nearly got our RB killed I don’t think it’s an overreaction to say I have zero confidence he will improve over the next two games.  He’s a season vet not a rookie 7th rounder…zero excuse to play that awful.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

For everyone debating Elam vs Benford, it’s a great probably to have! Kudos to both of them as they will be contributors going forward. Same with the WR group. With the quality of this roster, I would have to wager GM’s will be calling Beane about who is available for a trade or draft pick. 

I do wonder with the play of Duke and Blackshear if Taiwan Jones roster spot is in trouble? Duke’s speed is obvious. Also wonder where Crowder and Tavon Austin stand. Next week will be important for both of them. 

Lots of positives from this game. Three final thoughts, Matt Ryan looked bad, BillsMafia showed up in force and for all the great work the D did, can we stop giving up big chunks of yards after they make a sack or force the offense into long down distance. For example all too often, it’s 2nd/3rd and 20 and then they give up 15 yards playing soft D. 

Lets go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

For everyone debating Elam vs Benford, it’s a great probably to have! Kudos to both of them as they will be contributors going forward. Same with the WR group. With the quality of this roster, I would have to wager GM’s will be calling Beane about who is available for a trade or draft pick. 

I do wonder with the play of Duke and Blackshear if Taiwan Jones roster spot is in trouble? Duke’s speed is obvious. Also wonder where Crowder and Tavon Austin stand. Next week will be important for both of them. 

Lots of positives from this game. Three final thoughts, Matt Ryan looked bad, BillsMafia showed up in force and for all the great work the D did, can we stop giving up big chunks of yards after they make a sack or force the offense into long down distance. For example all too often, it’s 2nd/3rd and 20 and then they give up 15 yards playing soft D. 

Lets go Buffalo!

I had a similar thought based on Duke's KO returns.  However, Jones is he's also a gunner, so Duke or someone else on the roster would need to show well at the position.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Those Chad Hall boxing videos though..

Thats part of their side work.  A couple jabs/hand fight work and then dip the shoulder.  

Davis, Shakir, Hodgins … my goodness, if Beane doesn’t draft a mid-late round WR and CB every draft, it’s a crime against humanity at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m constantly amazed at the gaggle of  backup QBS hanging around the league. Chase Daniels played for the Chargers last night and the announcers said he’s made $40 million over the years and started a total of FIVE games. Case Keenum appears to be yet another one. I guess it shows how difficult it is to be really good at the QB position.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.