It's a "Heidi" game

ProcessTruster

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

Same here. And NFL.com was on top of the score, but WAY behind on the play by play. Very bizarre. Thankfully it's the preseason. And that means the preseason for everyone: players, coaches, refs, production crews, etc.

Their site has been messed up.  Cant see any stats from today on the game page.  A lot of the plays say "pass for no gain" or something like that but you read the text it shows the actual yardage.  Its lagged way behind from normal.  Passes or runs that go for say 9 yards show on the field graphic like it went backwards and it will say pass for -9 yards lol.  Its just a mess. 

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

ah was hoping the "Heidi" reference would flush out the under 50's ..... well, ok the under 60's.  worked.   In the 70's NBC cut away from what turned out to be an amazing Raiders late comeback to a movie (?) called "Heidi" , creating the NFL legend called the "Heidi" game.  big sh_t show at the time

Oh wow that's crazy

7 hours ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

Yep, I started yelling all sorts of things at the t.v., and then it came back to the Bills game. I was thinking the same thing about the Heidi game.....I'm getting old!

As they were trying to figure it out, I thought it was pathetic (but funny) when they had the sound for both games going for several seconds.

• Agree 1

It was ridiculous. That chick and whatzname were so busy consumed with stiller testicle cleansing, it was embarrassing to witness for football fans. Regardless of preseason games, one was just seconds from a fantastic finish to a game and the other was the opening kickoff between 2 also-Rans. At least in ‘68, millions of children and Moms wanted to watch Heidi..
🤦‍♂️

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

ah was hoping the "Heidi" reference would flush out the under 50's ..... well, ok the under 60's.  worked.   In the 70's NBC cut away from what turned out to be an amazing Raiders late comeback to a movie (?) called "Heidi" , creating the NFL legend called the "Heidi" game.  big sh_t show at the time

I was four years old. I'm still mad about it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It was ridiculous. That chick and whatzname were so busy consumed with stiller testicle cleansing, it was embarrassing to witness for football fans. Regardless of preseason games, one was just seconds from a fantastic finish to a game and the other was the opening kickoff between 2 also-Rans. At least in ‘68, millions of children and Moms wanted to watch Heidi..
🤦‍♂️

Couldn’t agree more. The studio ‘talent’ on these networks need to learn when to SHUT UP. When the actual games are on, nobody wants to hear them droning on like a bunch of half drunk nitwits in a bar. You could hear the broadcast quietly in the background but those morons felt their opinion about whatever was somehow what people needed to listen to. Ugh! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could not believe they did this . . . especially given that our sideline reporter Cynthia Frelund actually works for them. It reminded me of how ESPN always seems to go to commercial when the Bills are on the clock in the NFL draft.

It seems to me that the practice should be (and typically is) to finish the earlier game before you go to the second game. This is especially so when the earlier game is still being contested (not out of reach).

Also, if you are going to go split screen, you should have the audio of the game that is ending.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.