Tasker should be in HOF but...

I'm Spartacus

I don’t know. 
Tasker is wrong about obvious facts. 
1). He said Bills run game improved in the last 5 games when Boetger started playing full time.  Really?

2). He was suggesting Colts scored a TD on an illegal pick play. Replay showed that receiver wasn’t involved in the “pick”. And the pick was really Bills DB and LB playing keystone kops. 

sorry, he’s just not good. 

He gets ahead of himself all the time on broadcasts. He's a really sharp and funny dude in person, even if a bit of a dry, witty prick when holding court (which is not exactly a criticism in my eyes), but with a microphone he gets lost. Must be the professional need to fill the air with words. I'll bet his at-home, on-the-couch commentary is MUCH more engaging. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

He’s so hit and miss. He is bad in the booth, okay as side line reporter, he’s more cold than hot as a team with Chris Brown. 

He’s average as a commercial guy but he’s fantastic in the pre recorded Bills hype videos. It’s like sometimes his brain still produces genius but most of the time it’s at 40% 

• Agree 1

I’m not a big fan of OBL as I expect some balance.  Howard & Jeremy are decent, especially Jeremy, and having Joe now in the morning is working out.  The extra point show is the best of the WGR shows.  Forget about the tools in the afternoon.

OBL comes across like a propaganda machine for the Bills.  I think the Bills own that show.  As far as the HOF, I hope he makes it.  The HOF voters always talk about “did he transform the game”, and I’d say yes back in the 80’s/90’s.

12 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

It's one of those things... he's "our guy". Just like Rob Ray is to Sabres. A couple of gents who have been hit in the head way too much. I still love them.

This.  Tasker is brutal, but they’ll never oust him until he voluntarily retires.

I actually like Rob Ray and think he adds insight to the Sabres’ broadcasts.

Tasker just talks a lot without really saying anything.

Love Steve but he needs to get out of the booth if this seasons first game is an indication of where his head is at. I’m a seasoned viewer of professional football and I found myself time and again getting confused with the word salad, misidentifications, and downright nutty analysis (the phantom Elam pick play, the whole Colts TO fiasco). Instead of just watching the game I’m spending too much time questioning my own eyes because Tasker is seeing things that just aren’t there.

1 hour ago, eball said:

This.  Tasker is brutal, but they’ll never oust him until he voluntarily retires.

I actually like Rob Ray and think he adds insight to the Sabres’ broadcasts.

Tasker just talks a lot without really saying anything.

My favorite Rob Ray moment was when he got caught in the middle of a near fistfight between Lindy and the Ottawa coach:

• Like (+1) 1

"They need to call a quick timeout".... actually I like medium timeouts better, or long timeouts. Don't see the benefit of a quick one, how much can you get done in 10/15 seconds?

I know what he is saying, "Call a timeout quickly after the play is over", but he kept saying a Quick timeout, like there are other types of timeouts.

• Angry 1

19 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

How about Steve, and all color guys shut up an let the viewers watch and make opinions for themselves.

Turn the sound down, and you can do just that.

He was fine.  It's a ***** preseason game...watch the local coverage of pretty much any other team, and you will hear far worse....then again, we are Bills fans, we complain about everything and anyone!

• Like (+1) 1

There is a segment amongst the "mafia" that views every single damn thing with an hyper-sensitive eye/ear.  It's ***** football...it's a game...all the guys that people wax so poetically about from the days of yesteryear, had just as many issues... complaining because he didn't explain he didn't differentiate between "a quick timeout" and calling a timeout quickly?  Even though you know what he meant?  Petty fan base we have...as you all could no doubt do better, just watch with the sound off, you might actually enjoy the game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BTB said:

Despite the WR barely getting a finger on the ball, Tasker insisted that the 1st Keenum int was on the WR. 🤔

He was right...the whole, "if you get a hand on it, you have to catch it" is as tired a cliche' as there is with analysts.  Keenum's lack of touch was responsible for that pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.