Bills disappointed in Elam's potential to contribute this year? (unfounded internet rumor)

Einstein

My biggest problem - yea some players really suck on this team -

is the coaches run the SAME system no matter what. Bad run d ? We throw it still

a run heavy team is pounding it up our assh and we keep nickel on the field. 

we play so soft - 10 yards back on first down. 10 yards back on 3 and 4. 

we can not play bump and run / press which we absolutely need to do against teams like kc, cincy , mia it’s just a matter of disrupting timing. Yet we don’t do it 

I guess I’m blaming coaches

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Elam has been bad in run support.  The last 2 games were against teams that hurt us in the run game. Now, if he is not in against a team with a bad run game like the Fins, then maybe I will think there is something more involved.  Right now, I think it's they don't like his run support and don't want to take a chance teams run at him.

Teams have been playing Miami press man so I expect to see elam this week…this week was made for him so if we don’t see him this week then maybe we can worry 😄

7 minutes ago, balln said:

is the coaches run the SAME system no matter what. Bad run d ? We throw it still

we can not play bump and run / press which we absolutely need to do against teams like kc, cincy , mia it’s just a matter of disrupting timing. Yet we don’t do it 

Bills have one of the best run defenses in the NFL.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry if posted and I missed this as I didn’t go through this thread fully.

Good catches by Chris T on Elam.

When they decided to break their tendency at corner and draft a guy who played mainly man in college the guy they were thinking about defending was Tyreek Hill. Because he is the one guy that consistently caused our limited zone only, off coverage corners fits in recent years - Levi, Dane, Norman etc.

I think Elam has played well most of the year. But it isn't a surprise to me that they used him so much on Hill. That is why they drafted him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/12/2022 at 6:14 PM, balln said:

Imagine all that sucking and being 11 and three

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/13/2022 at 2:14 AM, balln said:

Watch that video. There we are playing press man. 

Almost as though you just say things without actually going back and watching the film to see what is actually going on.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2022 at 8:42 PM, John from Riverside said:

I guess I’m just not understanding the topic Elam was active today and he was out on the field

That is a McDermitt decision he likes his veterans

Yup, These “takes” just show the level of thought that is unfortunately present on this board, oh well…, 

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking at the Bills snap counts. 

I think it’s fair to say the coaches are sour on  Elam.

Elam has not played more than 40~% of the defensive snaps since October. The lowest of the healthy CB’s.

He has played 0% of the snaps in two of the last four games (yesterday was only 2 defensive series so maybe he would have had some snaps later on).

Thankfully, Benford is back practicing though we likely don’t see him until the playoffs as he rams back up to speed.

Tre is averaging between 90-100% of snaps the last 3 games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.