Bills disappointed in Elam's potential to contribute this year? (unfounded internet rumor)

Einstein

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lesson #1 

NEVER TRUST RAMDOM PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET 

I mean come on. 

I called out Dunkirk Don early and and people did not like me for it. 

Today. We all know that the legend of Dunkirk Don will love on forever in infamy. 

Dunkirk Don a classic

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I don't understand why are so many fans get bent out of shape over the mere suggestion Elam may not be as far along in his development at this stage as we may have wished...

We live in a world of black and white. Grey is not allowed to exist.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Agreed. People have no capacity for nuance. They must be correct and everyone else who disagrees even a little must be wrong. Their egos can't handle the challenge

You're dead wrong. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

On 8/13/2022 at 12:08 PM, Einstein said:

Eh, I dont know about that. Reporters with that close access to the players hear things for sure.

Sal Capaccaio has said on numerous occasions that he has information that he cant/wont release because he doesnt want to break his close ties tot he organizaiton.

Did he say "trust me" after saying that?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, Ya Digg? said:

What are we doing here? Most of his reps have been against arguably the top passing duo in the league-the duo that has done really well against the top corners in the league the past 2 years. Not only that, but Josh isn’t allowed to get hit and in some circumstances there’s not even a rush against him! But we are supposed to expect a rookie cb to be playing lights out every snap in training camp??

Again, what are we doing here?

Elam has been up against Diggs in practice. You know the wr who continually beats JC Jackson, a pro bowl corner. Battling with Diggs everyday will make Elam better 

On 8/13/2022 at 1:22 PM, Big Turk said:

Because not doing something in college does not mean he is unable to do it, simply that he wasn't asked to do it.

Huge difference. Scheme fit issue would be if they are asking him to do something he is not capable of doing well. Like put a 3-4DE in a 4-3 and expect great sack numbers.

If they feel he has the skills that would allow him to learn it and do it well then why wouldn't you draft him? Especially with how the Bills track record is with exceptional DB play from coaching them up.

Think back to when the Bills drafted Bruce Smith. While he holds the all time sack record he was more suited to play in a 4-3 than the Bill's 3-4. In either scheme he was going to end up the tallest midget. He had the talent to do both. From his college days it's apparent Elam can play press. My guess that in order to play off he just needs to become a little more instinctive. Takes time to know when to move up and make a play rather than just staying in someone's pocket. 

On 8/13/2022 at 3:11 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Well it is pretty sad that a first round pick needs to wear oven mitts to keep him from grabbing WRs. Flag or burnt toast isn’t a good look. Hope he improves. 

That is a fairly standard practice. 

On 8/13/2022 at 3:14 PM, Airseven said:

The “somebody told me” thing is silly, but these are still facts - Elam Allen was inconsistent in college with raw, undeveloped technique. Plenty of observers weren’t thrilled with the pick. As expected, he’s struggled early in camp. He is not, and never was, dependable as an immediate starter as a rookie.

FIFY

On 8/13/2022 at 3:48 PM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He's a rookie. He may go on one day to be the next Dion Sanders but it wouldn’t be unusual for him to struggle his rookie season.

These things take time.

Patience Bills fans !!!

You mean he won't tackle anyone?

On 8/13/2022 at 4:22 PM, NewEra said:

I want him to be good cause he’s a bill too. It’s one play and we’re engaging in ball busting and sarcasm on a message board. Imagine that

Be careful about that ball busting. It might deflate the balls to the way Marcia likes them.

• Shocked 1

He looked good to me out there yesterday against Indy, good first game. Although I get a hint of arrogance in him which is not good. Stay humble and put your head down and work because Benford looks legit and can easily beat him out. 

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Floydboy12 said:

Elam wasn’t that good in college. I wasn’t a fan of drafting him. However he came to the coaching staff I have complete confidence in coaching up secondary guys. And he has the measurables that the staff seems to like. 

I’m not quite sure where this is coming from he had a down year last year but the previous one was a very good one he has faced a lot of the wide receivers they got drafted high in the/draft and he did well against them

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, wppete said:

He looked good to me out there yesterday against Indy, good first game. Although I get a hint of arrogance in him which is not good. Stay humble and put your head down and work because Benford looks legit and can easily beat him out. 

It honestly would not shock me to see them both make it which means that we’re gonna end up moving on from guys like Cam Lewis Who is gonna get scooped up so quick by the Giants

On 8/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, Einstein said:

Eh, I dont know about that. Reporters with that close access to the players hear things for sure.

Sal Capaccaio has said on numerous occasions that he has information that he cant/wont release because he doesnt want to break his close ties tot he organizaiton.

Don’t forget that agents supposedly find out everything.

8 hours ago, wppete said:

What exactly gives you that “hint of arrogance”? The little I’ve seen on him he comes across as a humble mature professional. Just curious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.